*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619190-I-Am-I-Am
Rated: E · Monologue · Personal · #1619190
A short passage written in the first person view. Think an essay / monolouge combination.
I am, the one you love. I am the one who loves you like no other. Like no one ever will. My love is perfect. And it is given unbiasly to all. I see excatly who and what you are. And I still love you. I see all your thoughts. I see through your mask, to your soul. I understand you. All of you. I know all your secrets, I never tell a soul. I see you eveil and your good. And I love you.

I am the one you can never love. For as much as I love you; you cannot love a beast like me. Every time you think you understand; I confuse you. I still have my secrets. You love me, but you do not know me. I hide behind a mask. I thrive in shadows and darkness. I am of the night.

I am the one who will sacrifice everything for you. I will lay down my life for you. I will make the impossible possible for you. I am your shoulder to cry on. I am your comfort in the darkness. I am your best friend. I am your brother. I am your light.

I am the one that you can never help. For I turn inward. I bear my pain alone. I would rather bear these impossible amounts of pain alone; than share it with you. No one deserves to carry my burden. But you do not deserve to carry yours.

I am the one who watches over you. I am the silent guardian. I watch from the shadows. I protect you from all things evil. I am your shield; battered and bruised, I carry on.

I am the one you cannot protect. For I protect you from me.

I am the Phantom of the Opera. I am the Dark Knight. I am the one living in the dark, so that you might live in the light. I can never have happiness. I can never be free of the dark. For the darkness holds me tightly until the sun rises up.
© Copyright 2009 R Jamison F (rjamisonf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619190-I-Am-I-Am