*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619259-The-Collision
Rated: E · Poetry · Fantasy · #1619259
A poem about a human's transformation into a vampire.
The Collision

A war has commenced between our separate beings. The first battalion of our forces has begun its fight in earnest. Our bodies. My body has fought against the approaching collision, it is weakened and beat down almost without struggle. My retaliations have gone unnoticed, my body is now succumbing to the force of your strength and power. I have given it up to you now, and in this slow death, there is a sweet torture I never want to forget. This part of the war has ended, it is a collision of our bodies.

A war has begun within the depths of our minds. The trivial thoughts in my brain are fading, I am reaching for a morsel of intelligent thought. I can feel the thoughts from your brain seeping into my confused mind, they are capturing my full attention as my mind succumbs to the beauties you present to me. A new universe has opened itself to me, my mind is rapidly parting from my conscience into its own world of dreams. I have given my mind up to you now, and as I do, I can feel it merging into yours. A collision of the minds.

A war has originated between our souls. Every part of my being is awake with an energy I have never beheld. I can feel the strength of my vitality hanging on with a surprising power. And in the fight to keep from weakening, my soul is now searching for the origin of that intense life overtaking my whole being. Now that it has found you, it is greedily searching out every part of you. It has let go of all it once was as it soars towards this overwhelming life force taking up every inch of my existence. I have given up my soul to you, the last thread left of that someone I once was. Everything lights up in a spark of new energy and our coming together is as euphoric as anything I've ever imagined. A collision of our souls.

The war has ended. In the aftermath of our battling, a new me has emerged. The sweet collisions of our beings has created a new life. Everything around me is different and new. The body that died in our collision has been resurrected into something powerful beyond any expectations. The new vitality that flows within it intensifies every move I make, every breath I take. My mind has expanded into wide horizons, the idea of formulated thought seems endless and unquenchable. Everything looks clearer, sharper. But there was no death in my old mind, there was an expansion through the gift of your creation, it will forever be linked to yours. My soul has become a new power that is almost uncontrollable and without limitation. It is alive with the strength you have cultivated and now shared with me. My soul inhabits every part of me with the force of your love. I go forward now possessing every new part in me. The struggle has ended, the collisions have created an immortal being, and I search for the new life I can now create. In a war of collisions, I will make a new being, a new thread who will forever be a part of me.

~Sandra Adams
© Copyright 2009 SandraAdams (sandraadams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619259-The-Collision