*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619282-The-Love-Spell
by Rivers
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #1619282
The side effect of a love spell. (300 words)
The movie began and the witch appeared in scene. She was sitting on a bench talking to a man. She put her hands over his, but he stood up and said goodbye to her. She watched him leave and started crying. Heartbroken, she searched for spells in her magic tomes but each and every one of them had the same warning: “Death follows the casting of a love spell.” Still, she conjured one anyway. The spell worked and she found her true love. I was delighted with the witch’s happiness. However, in a final turn of events, her beloved accidentally dropped a burning candle; and their house caught fire, killing them both.

Then I remembered that last week, I went to the library searching for rituals of love magic. After searching for a while, I found a spell that struck me as particularly powerful. I cast the spell as I was desperate for my ex-boyfriend’s love. Astonishingly, a couple of days later he called and asked me for a date. The following afternoon Mike declared his feelings for me and I was happier than ever! We celebrated like we used to do back in the day: we went to the movies. When the final credits appeared on screen, an alarm rang. The audience rushed for the exits. People were screaming. I turned to the screen and saw the film on fire. I fell in the corridor and felt people stampeding over me. After a while, I came back to consciousness in the library and saw a girl sitting next to me. She was leafing through the same book of rituals I cast the love spell from. Frantically, I tried to stop her. But then I understood. She couldn’t see me. For, where I stand now, no one would see me again.
© Copyright 2009 Rivers (pandawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619282-The-Love-Spell