*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619402-Forever-chasing-rainbows
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1619402
a piece of my mind, simple and direct, but at the same time, very confusing.
'Shoot for the stars.'

'The sky is the limit.'

why the hell are we taught these terms? Does anyone, at any point actually have their faith in it when they quote these? Why try inspiring others when it never really touched us? Oh yeah. Its our responsibility. To encourage and to admire and to excite. children are practically convinced that one day, they'd be capable of just about anything. if you ask me, its not a responsibility one's fulfilling, its plain unfair.



Eighteen is when you're officially an adult, finally granted freewill. In some countries, sixteen is when you're allowed to drive. At twenty-one, you can drink. But maybe, just maybe..age is just a number? do you ever actually grow up? do you ever actuallyget the hang of it? any of it? sure, there comes an age when you're SUPPOSED to have got it, because others look upto you for it. But do you actually have it all down pat?

Because the way i see it, we're forever chasing rainbows. why are we told to pursue our dreams? just because they never got to do theirs? why were we told that we'd make make a difference, do something lasting, be different, DO different, when at the end of the day, we're just spectators at the show? chasing rainbows, i forgot to add.



The way i see it, deep inside, we all know the truth. we imagine and fantasize and dream just to keep ourselves going, everyone does. like i said, age is just a number. deep inside, we're all like we were at seven. when we were positive that one day,we'd be capable of just about anything, we could one day make it all okay. everything WOULD be okay.we desperately need them, something to hold onto, something to give us a reason to believe, to keep going, to make us see thats its all worth it. each and every bit of this crap is worth it. But is it?

maybe we should stop now. then again, maybe we shouldnt....or cant.



....we really are forever chasing rainbows.

© Copyright 2009 Hareem Fatima (hareem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619402-Forever-chasing-rainbows