*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619739-Absence
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1619739
I was foolish for falling in love.
The absence of him, has twisted me up inside. I’m slowly losing my mind, thinking about what we could have, would have been. But he left me, and he's gone very far away. Physically I can’t see him from this view, but mentally I see him everywhere. I want to avoid him, I loathe this! It’s as if he took his knife and ripped open my chest. My glass heart fell on the ground, and smashed into thousands of pieces. He snatched the colors right out the palm of my hands, and ran. He was too quick for me to catch, for he wouldn't turn around although I strived to catch his attention. I failed. Now I get lost in my thoughts, I ponder, and I ponder about why he got so close, and ran so far away. It destructs me, for he found the key to my heart. He became the melody to my ears, he became my beautiful dreams. Now I can't sleep, for my bed feels empty and cold without him by my side. I shouldn't have opened up; I shouldn’t have let my hand out. I was taught that the deceit will catch up to me. I followed my heart, and I did not follow my mind.
© Copyright 2009 Joanna Zois (jzois91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619739-Absence