*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619926-A-pianos-waltz
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1619926
Music can sometimes be the greatest relief you can find
Soft sweet notes fill the air with their alluring melody. They dance and swirl in ball gowns abound. Beautifully twirling they go through my ears. They sweep away all the troubles with have clouded my head. Never has my head been so clear. It’s pristine in fact. No troubling thoughts of debt or death. The music slips by in a melodious waltz as I wander in my new found wonder. I begin to sway with my fellows in time to their carefully measured steps. I could never measure up to their beauty and grace but for now I can just hum along. The hum comes stiffly from my throat. It is not used to this sort of emotion. For so long only fear has filled its hollow depths. Slowly, but surely it rises to my lips. Haltingly it joins the dancers around my head. They do not pause at this strange newcomer instead they welcome him with open arms. Together they begin to create a melodious harmony fit for only kings, yet here I stand before this grand celebration, the only witness to a miracle. The music continues to dance in the steps of the world. They never falter or pause, but continue on in a dance as old as the world. As the light begins to fade the swift fingers begin to slow across their ivory playing field. The dancers of music begin their final performance. Each step moves with a meaning in its own. Dainty feet in heels sweep across the crisp air as the partners drag them close. Unwilling to end this celebration they continue one last note. Each note fades into the flooring around me, disappearing until they may one day dance again. I rest my head upon the cool wood of my old friend. My fingers stroke her ivory keys one last time. The troubles return but not in full force. The beasts have been quelled by this lullaby. Oh how long it has been since I remember such joy, the oh so wonderful joy of playing a piano.
© Copyright 2009 Polly Rose (pollyrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619926-A-pianos-waltz