*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620601-Buggo
by Doordy
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1620601
This is a fictional tale about a mental patient who doesn'nt know he's insane.
The room was almost bare except for the lone picture of Jesus that hung in the middle of the two windows that looked out over the concrete landscape below.  There was an old Formica top table, with an old and rusty chair, that hugged the wall that was perpendicular to the other wall.  The room was fairly large and when the afternoon sun visited from the west, it warmed and brightened and suffused the whole room.

  This was the time that he spoke directly to God, for insomuch as the light allowed him, there was never enough time for the light to sink in and make him holy.  He had to talk it in and feel it in, before he could spit right of his mouth the little rays of Jesus that filled the room with the love of God.  Before the light fought with the dark he had to spread the message that he determined must be delivered by God himself – only through him. 

And when the light finally left him and the cold of night started to cast a dark shadow over him, the spirits left in great haste - not one to be left behind.  This concerned him and bothered him and made him question the light that brought him the warmth that made him feel the unending presence of God, but it always left him.

He raged now, in the darkness of the room.

The two large windows looked down at him with furrowed brows and demon eyes, their black and vapid gaze haunting him.  He slithered and scratched to pull his body under the old Formica top table, where he pulled his knees and arms close to his chest and mumbled in tongues to keep the demons away.

He started shaking and shaking and shivering and stammering and mumblings useless words to the bottom of the table and across the room, to the wall where the demon windows loomed over the table that was starting to stare at him too.                                          “Arrgghhh!!, christo-muno, nimbus-pliribus, domasewah-fa, clung-de, mah-fah-wah-tah.”  His large, and round and blue, fish-eyes bulged and vibrated in their sockets as he tried to keep the darkness from entering him.  “Arrgghh!  Mmmmommmuuuubaaaaaa, rummmmmmmmmmbah, wana-too-me-na, fash-wah, little owne.” 

The dark came in through the demon eyed windows and spread everywhere.  It claimed the light.  There was nothing he could do to keep the dark from running up his fingers and across his arms and over his shoulders, and up his chest to his eyes.  “AAAAWEEEE, malrah-wah-nah-haa, mumga, mumga, trundah, AAAAAAWEEEE!”  He screamed through the night.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and it frightened him.  Knocks and more knocks came cascading down to the place where he rolled up into a ball and pulled his elbows up to his knees, and sucked on the meat of his hand under his right thumb to quiet the noise he made.  There door opened and the light danced across the floor and attacked the demon windows so that they slipped away and hid from the part of God that scared them. 

Across the floor feet paddled to the old Formica table and stopped.  Muffled noises beat onto the top of the old Formica table and scared him.  The noises got louder and louder and louder and LOUDER! Until he pulled his hand away from his mouth and the noises that he muffled started to compete with the noises that beat on the top of the old Formica table and they all got louder and Louder and LOUDER!, until Satan bent down to look at him.  “There you are,” Satan said.  Then other eyes that were red and yellow and vibrating and bulging bent down to look at him.  Satan had heads on every side of the Old Formica table now.  They grabbed him, and he prayed in tongues until the lights that surrounded him calmed him down.

The morning light chased the corner of shade from its perch and slowly moved the shadows from around the bottom of the house and pushed them back down to where they came.  The light of the afternoon started to climb the side of the house until it rested just below the windows, where it stopped before looking over them, into the large room where the old table stood.  When the light was sure that Satan was not hiding under the old Formica table, it pulled itself up over the bottom of the window frame and continued to warm the room with its light.

© Copyright 2009 Doordy (sherman371 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620601-Buggo