*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620755-Quitting-aint-Easy-when-youre-alone
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by B.G
Rated: ASR · Other · Religious · #1620755
I was never a quitter until I became a Christian. (My first Writting.com Article)
I was never a Quitter....

How many of you have heard that? “I’m not a quitter”. I am referring to a particular bad habit, called smoking? I had smoked for like six years, I mean not real long but long enough to damping the efficiency of my lungs...or so my doctor says. I liked to smoke, and if I’m being completely honest, I still like it. I didn’t care that I smelled, didn’t care about my health. I mean honestly, if I cared about my health at all, I wouldn’t of picked up the stupid habit at all...right?

Well...

I became a Christian; and that is when I started to become self-conscious and ashamed of my habit, because smoking dictated my life, smoking was first, I had to have it, If I was low on cash I bought cigarettes rather than give to the church. The Lord is a jealous God, he says so in Exodus. He doesn’t like not being first in your life however He gave you free will; and He will never take that away, (He wants you to come to Him willingly). I know that sounds so weird and kind of demanding but He is merciful and loving and has the ultimate reward for you, salvation. So, I don’t mind Him being first.

Reasons Why; God is first:
I get to have someone to take my problems away,
I get someone that forgives me, truly forgives,
He loves me unconditionally, and it never stops.
I get someone I can talk to and I know will listen.
Then as if that wasn’t enough, He has made a place for me in His Kingdom, where I will own a mansion and walk on streets of gold, which would never happen in this life.

Well; The Lord placed it on my heart to quit...actually the Lord told me I was quitting before I knew I was quitting, I literally ran out of cigarette and haven’t gone out to buy anymore because the Lord placed conviction on my heart so strong I physically can’t do it. I know that sounds crazy, but it true. I live with smokers and I can not cheat, I can not do it. I still get cravings and I either tell myself five more minutes or I take a deep breath. The five more minutes came from another ex-smoker and dear friend and IT WORKS. The “the five more minutes” thing works... because the theory is that you actually wait five minutes and longer because you get distracted with life.

Okay, now that I have said all that and how the power of pray works and how God can and will help you; I feel better that I testified to God’s blessing upon me. I am grateful to have a loving, merciful God to praise! I sincerely hope I have helped someone with my article. I really do hope I could have strengthened someone’s faith; even just a smidgen., or gave them some tips to quit smoking. That to me, would be wonderful to help someone with my writing.

I bid you all a good day.
© Copyright 2009 B.G (observeroflife at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620755-Quitting-aint-Easy-when-youre-alone