*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620867-Blessed-soul
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Personal · #1620867
I wrote this piece October 18, 2006 the day my father left this world.
Blessed soul

My father was an early riser. Always awake at dawn sitting on the veranda sipping Turkish coffee. Notably dexterous preparing for the day, occupied in his thought, complacent in his world and sublimed by inner peace.
Spoke softly, savant in his words, cherished his children and glorified his god.
By the time he announced his departure and before stepping out of the door lifted his head and uttered suppliant,
“Lord, make this day an easy day”
Carrying his humble heart and saintly spirit.

My father was blessed with long life. The eastern wind blew and with it my father left walking in the shadow of death, leaving behind the fancies of his world and the jewels of his eyes, his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren forever bearing the fruits of his loins.

In a moonless night I heard his voice
I saw his smile and touched his face
I held his hand and felt his heart
While he’s gone he kept a trace for me to follow
We shall meet again in the bungalow
in the house of the lord in the garden of peace
Rest my beloved and dearest
it is the end of the road of no return
pave the way until we meet again
and our spirits will join in eternal recluse.

God gives it and takes it. God was generous and gave him 93 years of light.
The legacy of our loved ones continues to live in our mind, when we vanish we become invisible and live in the presence of the memory in silence.














































© Copyright 2009 Jonathan Simon (joninasser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620867-Blessed-soul