*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621300-The-3-Little-Pigs
by Aus
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1621300
The Wolf must stop them, before they ruin everything.
I've been told to take them out. The revolution has taken too long to organize, and is too close to fruition for those three little pigs to go and fuck everything up. The humans will pay for the slaughter they've dealt out to all of us, be it sheep, cows, wolf or bird. All animals are ready to strike back. My boss hasn’t given me too many details, but these pigs were apparently trying to ruin everything.

I approached the area of the forest where they had last been spotted. Swiftly and silently I stalked the night, like only a wolf can. The recent rain had made the lush forest floor soft to the touch, and the moonless sky ensured it would be hard to see me as I approached.

I spotted some light through the tightly spaced trees. Slowing to a walk I approached cautiously. I crept up behind a thick oak and looked beyond, into the direction of the light source.

The pigs were in a large clearing, seated around a campfire which had a large piece of meat slowly rotating over it. Pigs may be intelligent, but that didn't mean they could have constructed that spit. Only one species would cook their food that way. What’s more, small pig sized, yet distinctly human designed buildings were situated throughout the clearing. I started to get a bad taste in my mouth. They were talking with someone. I took a risk and stuck my head around the tree in hope of seeing what it was. My fears were confirmed. It was a human.

I slid back out of site and went to position myself behind the human. My first priority was to kill it. No human was allowed to know that animals could talk. After killing it I would find out if any others knew.

I was off at a run, heading straight towards the human, my four legs pushing off the undergrowth with powerful strides. It never knew what hit it. I used my claws to slice through its throat. It fell to the ground, warm red blood gushing from a severed artery. The smell of it nearly overwhelmed me, as it brought out my animal instinct. The kill had made me ravenous for more. I turned around looking for more prey to kill. It had been too long since I’d been on the hunt.

The pigs had scattered in all directions. Each pig had run into one of the many tiny human structures littered across the clearing. I approached the closest one which seemed to be made of hay or straw.

“Little Pig, let me in!” I roared, still intoxicated by the smell of blood in the air.

“Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!” the pig replied. I growled in annoyance. These pigs were arrogant bastards.

Moving back to take a run up, I started a sprint, straight for one of the walls of the straw structure. I jumped in the air and arched my body to the side, hitting the wall with all my strength. The wall blew inwards, the bindings holding the straw together snapping. I started towards the pig, but it was too fast. It had left his home and made for a structure that was made of fine sticks bundled together by twine.

I approached the house, angry at myself for letting him escape.

“Pig! Let me in!” I screamed.

“Not by the hair of our chinney chin chin” they replied.

I went for the same maneuver I’d done on the straw structure, but the wall of sticks held up against my might. Changing tact, I started attacking the door. Over and over I pounced at it, slowly breaking the lock that kept me from them. After a good fifteen attacks, the door blew open, causing me to stumble and lose my footing. I fell to the ground with a painful thud, seeing the pigs escape the stick building out of the corner of my eye. They were getting the better of me, my anger was turning into blind rage.

I howled my frustration out into the night. I was a law keeper for the resistance and I was being bested by three fucking little pigs. I was glad no one was around to witness it.

I approached a red brick structure just as the solid oak door slammed shut. The structure was bigger than the others and sturdier. I knew I wouldn’t be able to rely on my strength to get in this time. Looking around for flaws, I glanced up and saw there was a large chimney on the roof and from my vantage I could see no smoke coming from it.

I didn’t hesitate. The rage inside of me had taken over now. I would kill these pigs and ask questions later. I climbed a wood pile on the side of the house, jumping from log to log, ignoring the splinters in my paws until I was close enough to the roof to pull myself up over the tiles. I leapt up on the chimney intending to peer down below, but I was too eager. I lost my footing and fell in down the chimney and landed in a pot of boiling water.

Now here I am. The pain is indescribable. I know I will not survive this. This will be one of my final breathes. I look at the pig coming towards me, carrying a large black lid to cover the pot where I will die. I have no energy left, the pain it too great.

“Why...side with….humans?” I manage to choke out. “

Looking in the direction of the human body outside, the pig replied “He’s just one of the hippies that have joined forces with the resistance”. The pig looks back at me. “You’re a bumbling fool, wolf. You failed your last five assignments. This was all arranged to take you out”.

The lid seals over the pot and puts me in darkness.

© Copyright 2009 Aus (pwubs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621300-The-3-Little-Pigs