*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621694-Roses-Are-Red
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1621694
Mae Kohl Lacey Sami Jon Joel(Dad) Katarina(Mom) Mrs. Melli Mr. McHale
Mae Sorensen rolled out of bed on a dreary Monday in October, the Oregon rain beginning to come down. She hit the off button on her alarm clock, and stretched out, reaching to the skies as she let out a limp yawn. She stumbled over to her small wall calendar to mark off the date, October 25th. She turned on her stereo to "The Saltwater Room" by Owl City and opened her closet and grabbed a pair of dark skinny jeans, a grey sweater, and a purple t-shirt. She threw on the clothes, and brushed her long, thick, wavy black hair, then put it into a pony-tail. "Anna Mae Sorensen, your bus comes in 5 minutes, get down here this instant!" Shouted Mae's Mother, Katarina. "Kay mom, I'm coming!" Mae ran down the stairs, grabbed her white messenger bag and the paper sack that contained her lunch, put on her black Converses, laced them up, and ran out the door to catch the approaching bus.
"Mae! Over here!" Shouted Mae's best friend since 3rd grade, Lacey James. Mae sat in the seat and set her messenger bag on her lap and put her lunch box inside of it. "Hey Lace, what's up?" "Eh, not a lot, another fun-filled bus ride." "Oh yes!" Replied Mae.
© Copyright 2009 Melody Cho (freehugs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621694-Roses-Are-Red