*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621814-Night-Prowler
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1621814
Note: still unfinished. It's supposed to be about the personification of fear.
I am that thing that creeps through the night.

I am that shadow that frightens you as you walk down a dark street.

Do you remember when you where a child? Do you remember that monster that hid beneath your bed? Yes, that was me.

Whenever you happen to feel all your hairs stand on end, remember me, because my clammy hands will surely remember you.

I am everything and nothing.

I am there when you hear a floorboard creak or when you think you're hearing footsteps creep up behind you. I skulk in dark corners and rustle in bushes.

I am the black pit where every single nightmare goes through, every fear, every dark thought and guilty wish.

When you walk down the street and the lamplight flickers. Be warned. I am near.

I stalk you through the myriad of your dark wishes, but I cannot be accused of ever embracing someone who did not beckon me to them. Sooner or later, everybody does.

 




© Copyright 2009 MissNutCase (missnutcase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621814-Night-Prowler