*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621988-Lost-in-Thought
by Carrot
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1621988
The fantasy of an introvert.
Lost in Thought

         I wish I could just spend all day in my own world. In the world that is my mind. I wish I could spend the whole day untouched and not bothered so that I could explore the vast dreamscapes of my mind. So that I could travel deep into the dark caverns of wonder in the pitch-black recesses of my mind which remain unfound. So that I could journey inside and become completely absorbed in my inner self.
         I want to follow the long, winding roads of ideas which lead to the wondrous revelations that undoubtedly lay at the end of the path.
         I want to meet the voices which narrate my thoughts and thank them for all the wonderful work they’ve done these past years. 
         I want to learn what moves me, and what presses my buttons and who tugs at my heartstrings every so often.
         I wish to discover why these words spout from within me so.
         I long to understand why such beautiful words grant such immense pleasure when uttered before me, if only to myself.
         I want to know what will make me happy.
         I want to learn, discover, understand, and know all there is about myself, so that when I return to the conscious world, I may walk with my head held high, my gait light and sure, and my mind at peace. So that I may know what to do and when to do it, so that I may love as every man should, so that I may care for all the things that every man should, for as of now, I am barren of such abilities and cannot bear the fact that all that surrounds me is in my eyes completely worthless. 
© Copyright 2009 Carrot (sugarloaf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621988-Lost-in-Thought