*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622029-THE-ETERNAL-BRIGHT-STAR
by janani
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1622029
Deepti comes all the way missing her friends ,with emotion she gains good friends ...
The train slowed down as it reached its destination. All the passengers were getting ready to get down. Mrs. and Mr.Agarwal were carrying all their bags and stood out to get down .Mrs. Radhika called    out “Deepti ……..Deeepti ………..come soon………come on my dear.”  She hugged her daughter whose eyes were in tears.


                        Mr. Agarwal  was working in Bombay. He got    transferred and so he had to move to Chennai. Deepti, his fourteen year old daughter din’t wants to come to Chennai. She missed her close friends. The following two days she was hugging her photo album. She flipped through all the photos. She admired a particular photo where she and Priya, her close friend were hugging. She took the photo out, framed it and kept on her table.
                          She was going to join in Sri  Chedinadu  vidyalaya    girl’s higher secondary school, which was totally different from the co-education she had before. She was very upset and worried that how her friends would be. In school the teacher introduced her to her classmates. She sat beside Anusha and Nithiya. She dint have friend to share her lunch, to put her hand  on her friend’s shoulder to share everything.
                         
                                  That day during her physics class, teacher was dictating notes. Deepti was searching    for her pencil but she did not find it. She hesitantly turned towards Nithiya and said “will u kindly lend me your pencil “. Nithiya smiled and gave her a pencil.
                                         
                                            On seeing the pencil she was shocked. It was her lost pencil. After the class  ,  Deepti being angry walked towards  Nithiya and  Anusha . She asked “why did  you steal my pencil, why did  you steal  it .”.  ”Behaving so cheap as a thief.” Nithiya got angry and said  “Hey, I dint steal it steal it, don’t call me a thief …..may  be
By mistake I would have put it  to my pouch….”But Deepti dint  listen to  anything . She continued “None here are true all are liars and thieves  and no true friends.” She started crying very badly. 
                                           
                                              Anusha came forward and said “no one here are liars or thieves. If you dint want to join here go back to Bombay.”  She pulled Nithiya and went away.
                                                        Deepti    went all the way crying to home. At home she  opened her friend  Priya ‘s letter . She read through the lines sobbingly. She stopped at a particular line “Dear Deepti, in Chennai be friendly with everyone, don’t hurt or blame anyone  when you  feel lonely. Be good to  everyone.  My Deepti should always be  good .She felt guilty and repented on her mistake.
                               
                                                          Next day in school, Anusha and Nithiya understood about Deepti’s loneliness  and wanted to make her their friend. Deepti walked towards them and looked at them with a pleasing look. At the same time they all confessed and said “sorry”. Anusha, Nithiya and Deepti hugged each other .Forever they became BEST FRIENDS…..
© Copyright 2009 janani (neabu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622029-THE-ETERNAL-BRIGHT-STAR