*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622219-Entry
by threm.
Rated: E · Other · Nonsense · #1622219
Title: Incoherent babbles on Black Friday Shopping.
Meep. Meep. Meep.

That was the sound of my stupid alarm. Flashing in bright red was 5:00 am.

The idea of burying myself in bed was very tempting than the chilly air that would hit my face outside.

“Must…resist” I muttered under my breath.

I didn’t know what came to me to actually want to go shopping on Black Friday. I usually hated, no… loathe would be the right term, the busy shopping day. But the word ‘Sale’ was just too heavenly to be passed on, especially now that I’m broke.

And so, with ‘Sale’ just on my mind, I quickly changed into warmer clothes. At about 5:19, I was bringing my beat-up Chevy, which I got seven years ago, to life.

It roared to life…literally. Well, it seemed to choke halfway, but that is not the point in this now is it?

I drove to Wal-Mart, and got there in record time. I looked at my watch, wait, where is my watch?

Darn, I must have forgotten it while hurrying to go here.

Moving on, as I got out of my Chevy, I noticed the line of people before me and I was like,

“Wow… and I thought I’m the early bird” I managed to let a groan but joined the line of people still. Why are people so in love with sales? Why can’t it just be me so I won’t be suffering from this impossible line?

And then I felt a tap on my leg. I turned around to see a little boy rubbing his left eye with the back of his hand.

“Good morning” he said.

I can’t believe it, even little children are here? Don’t they know that people have died because of this already?

“Good morning little boy, who’re you with?” I asked him and then knelt down on one knee.

“Mommy…” and then he pointed to a lady behind him arguing with another lady about who goes first on the line. Pretty stupid argument I must say since there are tons of people before us.

“What’s your name?” I asked him.

“Jonah”

“I see… well why did you go with your Mommy?”

“She said she’d buy me new toys after we bought what she needs here,” and then his mother called out to him.

“Jonah, come here” and followed were strings of babbles about not to be talking to strangers. Well excuse me lady, I wasn’t the mother whose arguing with another lady about line arrangement and forced her son out of bed now am I?

I stood up.

I tapped the guy in front of me to ask what the time is.

“Excuse me, what time is it?” when he turned around, I think I held my breath longer than usual. The guy was about 6’0 but he was tall compared to my 5’5 self. He has the deepest blue eyes I’ve seen in my entire life and hair with an unusual shade of brown. Not too light, not too dark but somewhere in between.

“5:43” he said simply.

“Oh. Thanks” I think I would have giggled like a schoolgirl. And then slap myself after. Good thing I have unbelievable self-control.

It took me ten minutes to completely get over looking at the mysterious and extremely fine guy’s nape. And then I looked around, behind me were more people extending the line further, and passing numerous establishments along the way.

It’s cold out here. And there are lots of people too, most are adults. Some are like me, fresh graduates with no job and desperately broke and is loving ‘Sales’

I’m too independent for my own good, even living in a single room apartment. I can’t even afford to have my Chevy repaired.

I didn’t know how long I was moping about my ever so lonely independent life because I was suddenly distracted when my phone rang.

Mom

…was flashing in my Cellphone screen.

“Hey Mom!”

“Honey? Where are you? I went here at your apartment to take you out shopping and buy you groceries” my mom said, her voice got a little husky but it had that motherly tone in it that didn’t quite fade.

“That won’t be necessary, Mother” but deep down, I was squealing with joy because I won’t be living in eggs and peanut butter the whole week.

“Where are you? Come home already” she said.

“I’m outside Wal-Mart, Mom, and been here for like thirty five minutes or so”

At that moment, the line seems to be moving forward. It’s open already!

“Well hurry up, or else I’m going to clean up your apartment” that caught me off guard.

“No Mother, you wouldn’t dare touch anything” and then she hung up as I walked quickly to Wal-Mart.

Shit.

I don’t think I’d ever go Black Friday shopping again. Ever. Again.


© Copyright 2009 threm. (threm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622219-Entry