*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622469-Mistress
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Laz
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1622469
My Mistress
My Mistress
The place glowed of candlelight, adorned on the walls were crosses and holy objects of gold and silver. Each lined with different jewels and precious stones. Upon the ceiling an epic painting of angels and warring daemons, depicting the eternal struggle of mankind. Stained glass windows reflected the dim moonlight in various colors across the old wood. Rows of pews made their way up to the beautiful altar on which a large cross stood upright. Behind the altar, in the center of the cathedral was a depiction of the Christ hanging on the cross, nails pierced through his skin, a vicious crown of thorns embedded into his head. A representation of the pain, suffering, and the sin of the world.
Suddenly the doors were thrust open and there stood a beaten man, dripping with tears and blood from open wounds. He was half naked, only a pair of torn pants to cover his mangled body. A priest hurried to him, clothed in black, head shaven and eyes filled with experience.
“Father! I need forgiveness!” He said between broken breaths. “I have escaped my mistress so close to death! She is coming and she is filled with anger and malice at my escaping! Protect me Father!” the man cried, his voice shaking.
“My son, be calm, nothing can hurt you now. Please tell me of your mistress. Be at peace, she is not with you now.” the priest said, raising the poor soul to his feet.
“She is everywhere! She holds over all like me! She demands hold and promises me happiness if I give in…I always do Father…I cannot resist the will of my Mistress…I and many others are at her command. Forever and always Father…even now…only in death may we escape her clutches.” he spoke, his eyes staring up to the Christ hanging upon the cross.
“Do you not understand my son? You are free from her. She cannot hurt you here, we shall protect you.”
“No Father…” he laughed. “It is you who does not understand.”
The priest was puzzled at the statement, never before had someone not been soothed by the protection of the church.
“She rests in my thoughts, the people’s thoughts, even your mind is home to her. Her influence is greater then the leaders of all the world. Her wish is the law of the earth.” the man continued.
“Please my son, tell me more of this Mistress, what does she look like so we may find her and put her through judgment for the pain she has caused.” the priest promised.
“My Mistress…her hair the softest in the world… pricks you like a bed of needles. Her face is alluring beauty, horrific disgust. Her body, invites any soul who wishes her pleasures, she destroys anyone who does so. She is a façade, a masquerade! Her voice soothes the soul and devours the mind! Don’t you know who I speak? I need release…but I can not have it! None shall be free from the everlasting bondage of my Mistress!” the man exclaimed. He turned his face downward, asking for silent forgiveness.
The priest, eyes wide open, hands outstretched asked,
“Who is your Mistress!?”
The man looked into his eyes and cried,

‘My Mistress is Sin.”
© Copyright 2009 Laz (lazarus12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622469-Mistress