*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622648-How-it-all-began
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1622648
The first Chapter of my book. I'm going to add the next one soon, so help me improve it.=]
Chapter 1


How it all started.


It was that time of the year. Everyone was expecting that she’d put a smile on her face, but they never got their hopes up. And, as usual, they were wrong. Akane was a girl who faced many problems in life that no one has. She used to be a girl who was very happy, until that dreaded night came. She had a horrible nightmare which came true. Something you would have seen in a horror movie. That was the nightmare that changed her life forever.

         “There is a reason on why people avoid me” She said. “After what I’ve gone through, I doubt people would love to be around me.”

         “Well I know this young man from your level, Akane. He’s been through pretty much the same thing you have.” The counselor said.

         Akane turned around. “I doubt that he’ll understand…”

         “Have you met Skye?”

         Akane’s face went red. Skye, she thought, isn’t he that guy who’s always alone?

         “Uhm, no, I haven’t.” She said shyly. “But, I would like to meet him.”

         “I think you two will get along quite well. In fact, he’s right outside. Let me get him for you.”

         Akane and Skye had a chat with their counselor. They seemed to have a lot in common. They have a miserable life, they’re lonely and they most of all aren’t cared for. Seems like an over - exaggerated thing but it was all true. They weren’t “perfect” in the eyes of their parents, and they definitely weren’t the happiest, but something changed the fact that they were lonely.

         “Akane, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” Skye said. His long hair which was a sleek black color moving as a breeze came by. “I wanted to know, if you wanted to go… Uhm, have some dinner with me, or maybe watch a movie?”

         Akane was shocked. She was bright red and she answered. “I’ll go.”

         Skye was speechless at her answer. Every girl he’s asked just left… But, he was wrong about Akane.

There was a catch. Where he’s taking her is a highly dangerous place. A place no one dared to go to.

         Akane’s short red hair was flowing. He’d never seen anything as wonderful as her. To him, she was everything. She knocked on his door.

         Skye was just astounded on how beautiful she was. She was wearing a black, short - skirted gothic dress with her hair down for the first time. She had a spiked collar on her neck and she was wearing studs on her arm. Skye, on the other hand, was wearing a long – sleeved shirt with a pair of dark torn jeans. He too was wearing a spiked collar. But, there was one thing that seemed unusual. They had weapons with them.

         Akane carried two scythes on her back with two daggers on her waist and a pouch of long range weapons on her leg. Skye carried two large swords on his back with his bow and arrows (coated in poison) slung around him. He had a pouch on his arm with medicinal items inside just in case anything happened to Akane or him.

         As they walked down 13th street, where many people are known to die when they come by in pairs, many gave them a look. The thing that made them stay put was the look Akane gave them. They were intimidated by her and Skye.

         “Wow, it sure is chilly tonight…” Akane said.

         Skye placed his arm around her, keeping her warm. She’s ice cold, Skye thought.

         A whirlwind formed out of nowhere. And, a man looked like he was making it.

         Akane threw a kunai and hit the man in his left arm. She threw a couple of senbon to ensure the man stayed in place.

         Skye looked at Akane with surprise. He never expected her to be such a great warrior.

         “Akane,” he whispered “be careful.”

         Akane gave him a look, one look you’d never expect to see from her. She was smiling. And, they both could tell that that smile was the first real one in her life. He smiled back and he meant this one.

         They ran towards the man. Akane threatened the man, but the man wouldn’t give in.

         “Tell me, now!” Skye said. Akane continued. “What are you doing here? And why aren’t you in your realm?”

         The man was astounded. “I was sent forth by the dark master to kill you, and I’m here to tell you that I will succeed.”

         Before anything more was said, Akane whispered a short apology and sliced him at the throat. The man wasn’t breathing anymore, and on that very same moment, Skye looked at Akane. She was crying.

         “What’s wrong, Akane-chan?” He placed his arm around her and at the same time thought, she was on fire!

         “I’d usually think that you’d be freaked out by that… Knowing guys, they’d probably make a run for it.”

         Skye saw her face. Tears were slowly crawling down her face, and Skye finally understood her.

         “Akane, I would never do a thing like that to hurt you. I know how it feels and I’m not freaked out by it since I do that as well.” And, as Skye said that, Akane’s face lightened up.

         “Now, let’s go figure out who that man is. But, we’ll have to leave, like this is an adventure.”

         Akane drew out her two scythes in both her hands as Skye did the same with his swords. They found paper and some pencils, so they wrote notes in their house and to their schools telling them that they’ll be gone for a long time.



Dear Mom,

         Skye and I will be leaving for a long time. Don’t bother looking for me. I’ll be home soon enough. Just, act as if I’m here (Like it’ll make a difference) Bye.

You’re child,

Akane




         

Akane finished her letter to her mom and to the school. Although, Skye was only writing to the school since he lives alone.



Dear Northwest High Academy,

         Akane and I will be leaving for a while, and you know what happens to the people who come looking for us, so don’t go looking for us.  We’ll be back and will inform you as to when we’ll return.

Akane Ikari and Skye Uchida




         They left the notes to their recipients and left on their journey. Akane, only wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a black tee shirt with the words “Death” scribbled on it, and a pair of sneakers waited as Skye was preparing. Skye finally came out with some money in his pocket and in a long sleeved shirt, a pair of dark maong pants and with two jackets in hand. They set of into the night together, hand in hand. Running away from this wretched place to seek adventure and to find out who sent the assassin for the two.

© Copyright 2009 Larina Ayn Litvinova (hinatahyuga12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622648-How-it-all-began