*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622780-Lovers-In-Ice
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1622780
Will love conquer all odds?
Chapter one- The meeting.
Sky’s POV

“... Love ever suffers, never resents never revenges itself.”
--Mahatma Ghandi

He was a prince in the fairytale and I was the princess who was locked up by her evil stepmother. I couldn’t do anything. He definitely couldn’t do anything. Our worlds were too different things. He was rich and posh. I was poor and disgusting. My stepmother on the other hand was rich, she took away everything from my family and she lives wealthily but we have nothing. I dropped out of high school after my major exams and started working. I could sow clothes and most people liked them, so I decided to open my own little shop on the corner of a little busy road. He wasn’t like that. He was given the silver spoon at birth. His family owned a large part of land and business on the east part of town. The rich part, and coincidentally our paths crossed on fated day. We went against all odds. Fighting for love, that we knew wouldn’t be accepted in society. A cold hard society that only cared about money and their rise to higher class. We were lovers in ice.

It started out like the typical usual day. Nothing big, I was just getting ready to open my shop. I got my regular decaf at the coffee shop and headed straight to work. It was the early hours in the morning. Since it was winter, it was really dark and windy. My thick hazelnut coloured hair blew quietly against the wind as it hit my face a few times, causing the sweet aroma of the shampoo and conditioner inhale my senses. My coat wasn’t keeping me warm at all. I was freezing. So I decided to get to the store earlier and switch on the heaters for a few minutes so it won’t raise my bill too high. I had to catch the bus there, a few stops away. I walked myself to the bus stop and sat there in the freezing cold sipping my hot coffee. It kept me warm for a bit. The bus arrived soon after. I hoped on and took my usual seat on the window side slightly towards the back on the left hand side. There were only two other people on the bus. Sitting down, I looked out the window. The passing traffic- there wasn’t really any at this time anyway- , the lights slowly changing, the houses getting ready to go to work and the children to school.

As the bus neared closer to my stop, I pressed the bell and got ready to get off when I saw a really rich car crawl slowly into the streets because it was out of petrol – at least that’s what I guessed -. My eyes were fixed on it and this was an unusual site in this part of town. The bus came to a sudden halt and I jerked backwards and forwards. The bus driver seemed impatient so I quickly got off the bus, still my eyes fixated on the shiny black car. It parked near where I got off, I could vaguely see inside but I tried not to look like one of the creepy people around here so I just started walking.

My shoes were not gripping properly and with them being high heels didn’t make it better. The floor was slippery, properly from the night’s rain. I stumbled and tried to manage with coffee and bags full of decorating details for the shop in my hand. They were just a few things I got handed down or things I made with stuff hanging around at home. I tired the best I could, but being my klutzy self, I fell flat on my face in a massive puddle. My stuff was everywhere and nobody was around. Except the car and the people or person in it, I doubt they were coming to help. But then suddenly I heard footsteps. They got louder and louder, they splashed in the puddles nearby and then soon reached me. They were expensive shoes; it was the first thing I noticed, considering I was lying on the floor helpless.

He bent down and his sent overpowered me. It was sweet yet masculine. He lent me his hand. My heart stopped and my breathing got heavier. I looked down at his hand and touched it slowly. It was unreal. He let out a quiet laugh, and took my hand. He helped me up, gently and gathered my wet muddy stuff. He handed them over to me.

His eyes shone like blue seas under the moonlight on a peaceful night and his bronze hair blew in the wind away from his face. Everything about him was different.

He was different.

He actually helped me. He actually did. Not like another one of those rich snobs, as I called them. He was nice, humble, down to earth, and so very handsome.

He was my kind of perfect.

While all of this was going on, I could only stand there – dumbfounded, without even blinking- What was I thinking? He just helped me, that’s all.

He stared at me; maybe he thought I was strange. I mean who wouldn’t? I didn’t blame him. I was acting totally different. Not myself. My heart beat was still beating faster than ever, my breath getting harder and harder. My head was spinning and my legs went queasy. I stumbled and the next thing I knew I was in a white room. I didn’t know where.
© Copyright 2009 dinosaursgo-RAWR (lightup.skies at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622780-Lovers-In-Ice