*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622940-An-Impulse
by Nick_B
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1622940
This is just a little text that I started writing at 2.20 am. I'm going to edit it soon.
What I'm about to write is not relevant to anybody,but me.
It doesn't tell an adventurous tale about a hero,nor a romantic story about two loved ones.
Some people would call it memoires, others would call it a journal or maybe a biography.
I'd like to call it : an impulse.
Up untill this very moment I had no intention whatsoever to write.
It came to me as an idea, a fling, an impulse....

I didn't do great things in life, well not yet at least.
That probably has to do with the fact that I'm only 18 years old.
Yet I find myself thinking alot. About life,about a purpose, about death...
Topics that have been discussed by men for centuries.
I don't consider myself a philosopher, no not even close.
These are just normal thoughts,in the head of a normal 18 year old.




What is life? Why are we here? Is there more ? Is there realy an old man observing our every step?
Questions asked by men a million times and I'm not here to give an awnser.
Or maybe I am but just for myself then. As most people know there is no universal awnser.
Okay, maybe there is a scientific explanation or maybe a divine one, that goes well beyond ourselves.
But will we ever realy know? Ofcorse not.
So I believe to think that whatever awnser suits you best, is the right one.
If you believe that there is a gray man watching over , then that is just fine.
That ofcorse doesn't mean you should aggree.
People have the right to think what they want but that doesn't mean it can't be discussed.
People tend to defend their beliefs everywhere. On the streets, in church,on the internet...
I find myself argueing with those people sometimes.
When I don't aggree , I will try to make a point and get my right.
But now I realise that your believe is your only comfort in this big world.
Noone should take that away from you , ofcorse you can change it if you discover a new vision, wich you find more suited.
And people can try to convince you that what they think is right, but they can't force you.
Religion is a good and a bad thing. Religious wars have their marks in history.
Countless wars have been fought over people disaggreeing on religion.
I think you will aggree with me that it is stupid , useless.
At this very moment those wars are still going on and it will never end , off that I'm sure.
In the end it will tear this world apart,
Because there will always be this one person that thinks he should kill some people because they wish to believe different than him.
People cry out for peace, knowing it will never happen. Sure you can try, hell we have to but this world will never be at peace.
Even if it's only an arguement between 2 people.


There was a time of peace in this world and that time was when men did not yet exist.
We ought ourselves to be superior but in fact we are just another spiecies that just happened to chose to use their brain a bit more.
There realy isn't much more to it. We still don't use our brain at full power, if we would we would be flying right now.
So we should ask ourself : Do we really have the right to lead this world to it's destruction?
Because that is what we are doing at the moment.
In the beginning we used this earth to survive , we used it in they way it's meant to be.
Up untill the birth of industrie. Big buildings and plants popped up everywhere in the world.
We wanted to get more out of the earth so we abused it. For power,money,land....
For progression? Sure, but I think it has done more bad then good.



© Copyright 2009 Nick_B (nick_b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622940-An-Impulse