*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623153-Random-Begining
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1623153
The random extremely rough draft of the begining of hopefully my new book.
It started off the same as any other evening. The light was fading and the temperature was dropping. She'd thrown on her favorite faded jeans and new fur lined zip up jacket. Her dark shoulder length hair was pulled back into a low lazy ponytail. For whatever reason she'd felt like now was the perfect time to make the run across the street to the library.
Outside, the early December air was crisp and sharp, like a shock to the system. The ground was hard and the sound of her footsteps meeting the ground was loud. It had always been a comforting sound. She made her way up the slight incline that connected her driveway to the sidewalk. She always wondered what kinds of things could have been found in the rubble that was under her shoes. Walking through what used to be a pool inside a local YMCA, she vaguely remembered a day she'd spent there. The memories were old, and the pictures were faded in her mind. Suddenly she wished she could rewind time and go back to that day. She was much younger, ten long years younger and life was so much less complicated back then.
The street lights were bright, as bright as the headlights from the cars passing by. For being one of the four major streets in the city it was the one much less travled. It was approaching what would be rush hour, yet few cars passed. It always seemed to her like whenever she'd chosen to attempt the short jog across the street a line of cars would appear. She made this short trip a few times a month, always choosing one or two books and hurrying home to curl up in her cozy livingroom. Earlier that day, she'd been online and she was carrying her list of protential books in her hand. Not quite sure which of the long list of titles she would chose she waited for an opening to cross.
The inside of the library was warm and welcoming. She climbed the three steps to the librarys main area. Raising her hand as she walked by the counter, she hurried to the endless book covered shelves. Her eyes scanned the titles until she picked up Pride And Prejuice. A classic, she thought.
She turned the corner and walked to the turnable shelf filled with newly released fictions. She walked around the sides of the shelves. Nothing. Usually the best shelf in the library, she was slightly disappointed. She continued her slow, relaxed pace and picked up a small hardcover book. An actor Richard Belzer was on the cover. Immediatly taking the book from it's home, she checked it out.
The night seemed colder on the short walk back to her apartment. She had a little bounce in her step as she wondered why she hadn't known he had written a book. Her favorite show Law&Order SVU was how she'd recongized him. Munch. Detective Munch. Gray hair, black wire rimmed glasses. Why was she suddenly wishing that she was older? Why was the picture of him, glossy, on the cover of this book giving her butterflys? He could be an asshole in real life. Somehow, she doubted it. She always doubted it, mostly because she was the kind of person who believed that everyone had a good side. She was the kind of girl who believed that there was still good in the world. The total opposite of Richard Belzers SVU character John Munch.
© Copyright 2009 Logan Hunter (simplyagriffin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623153-Random-Begining