*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623230-Clash-of-the-Giants
by Akro
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1623230
A kid who knows his rights and his wrongs.
Clash of the Giants

(The clock chimes the 11th hour. There's a hustle on the 3rd floor, students rushing to get to Don Corleone's class in time, before its too late. The frenzy is worsened by the fact, that its one of the narrowest and also one of the longest galleries. Its like a three or at the most four-at-a-time tube, if they're to walk shoulders-against-shoulder)

(Its his coolheadedness that comes in before he does. The levitated walk, the carefreenes, a mouth that was born when mr. spontaneity was makin love to miss repartee, everything about this sob is so intimidating. and not just intimidating-intimidating.)


Akro- (looks up at the first person who looks back) hey loser, whats it gonna be today!

Cayfil- Sir asked us to come prepared with chapter no. 7- The composition of blood. He also gave the class an assignment tha........

Akro- (cutting across and imitating him) Sir wan wan wan wan wan wan, shut up. Tell 'SSirrrr" that shit the next time you're giving his ass a tongue-massage. What i want you to tell me is, whats it gonna be. Is that such a tricky question for a guy who knows the pube-count of every erythroshite?

Cayfil- (totally nailed, he manages something) .....h..he...er....err.... he will be asking questions.

Akro- Nice. I am very grateful to the grated-ful. now wha?

(Not just Cayfil but others too have suddenly stopped any conspicuous motion. Girls hush everything up, one of them even showing the shush sign. Akro seems unaffected, even as he stands up loosely, for the Don has finally come. With a swagger more befitting a movie-celeb {Amitabh bachchan specifically}, clothes that are flashier than disco-lights, sneakers that seem to have been stolen from outside a sports-complex, and a face that is so toady, you'd think you saw it somewhere on National Geographic- The bay of bengal, Bakraporky waves everyone to sit down. He has a dauntingly huge stature, and an artificially stretched chest. He sits on a skinny dark-red chair, that can barely contain him. For some moments, he poses back and relaxes, looking around and smiling to himself, happy with the kind of fear he's capable of inspiring. Except for this one jock who never seems to flinch at all. Akro needs to be taught a lesson, and soon, before he leads everyone else on a march of revolution)

Don- (clears his throat before he shoots off) I asked everyone to study blood composition. I hope it has been done, because i will take a test. So keep your textbooks or notebooks away. (after a dramatic moment's thought) Let's start roll no.-wise. (A sadistic smile radiant on his face) Roll no. one.

Akro- (stands up so fast, the footstool he'd been sitting on breaks away in a different direction. It didnt seem like it wasn't on purpose) Yes....... 'Sir'..(adding it just before the Don's brows start narrowing)

Don- What's the composition of blood?

Akro- (framing a sentence for a moment) Blood is a fluid-connective tissue that has a liquid-medium called plasma, wherein all blood cells are dispersed.

Don- (unimpressed because surprised) oh really. and what percentage of it is plasma?

Akro- (pouting his lips a bit, as if choosing between Butter-scotch and Choco-chips) no idea

Don- (finding a cue) Maintain the proper manners. Dont use stylish words with me. This only shows your family background. Say i dont know.

Akro- (the last words ringing in his ears) family background? where did that come from? what I am, has nothing to do with my family, whatsoever. I am sorry if i have offended you, but spare my parents aight?

Don- (not expecting this verbiage) Shut up. I am your professor. Dont tell me what i can or cant. You have a serious psychological problem. No-one else behaves so insolently.

Akro- (silent with an untouched expression).....mmm.....

Don- (apparently unsatisfied) You will definitely fail your examinations next month. (looking around at the class) You shouldn't join if you aren't capable of doing it. I dont know what these parents are thinking when they send such idiots to randomly-chosen colleges. (staring back at Akro) and you are a genuine idiot. I don't understand your kind. Arrogant and ill-mannered. What do you want in life? huh? What? ANSWER ME!

Akro- (with a face of brass) mmm...... Happiness, i guess.

Don- (swept)............. (trying to figure out a comeback, but its too good for that)......oh yeah..... Happiness huh! That explains a lot. who's your role model, Adam Sandler?

Akro- (now a concerned face) No sir. Its actually Einstein. Albert Einstein. The physicist.

Don- I know who Einstein is. Dont get smart with me. Well, obviously, that hasn't done you any good, since he was a hard-working and educated scientist.

Akro- and also an individualist.
Don- Whadyamean?

Akro- He used to bunk classes to get out of his leash and do what he really liked to do- like reading geology and studying stones with a magnifying glass.

Don- (this is going a bit awry) yeah, but do you really think you could ever match up to a great man like Einstein. and he used to do something worthwhile with his time outside. He didn't go out to take some girl out!!

Akro- (with the resolve of Saladin or William Wallace) That's very presumptuous of you. Its a matter of interest. I read subjects like History, Philosophy and Greek mythology. I have also read about personality traits, but i couldn't find you there i'm afraid. You're probably the one who escaped outta the asylum before they could test you.

I am a writer. I never wanted to land up in this shithole, but for my parents. I am also a poet, so i have a much better understanding of things than many others (pointing with his nose at the don). I play a mandolin, so i am in touch with the most happening thing that's ever surfaced on earth- Music. I can talk, i can walk, i can stalk, shit i can even FAWK. All by the grace of God (apart from the last one, which owes it all to his own satanic self). So now, I am gonna say- Fuck you, and get the hell outta here. After all, i got someone to ask out, right?

(Akro stands up. His shoulders do a dance number as they follow the black bag, trail back to his back. The whole classroom looks like it has just witnessed the birth of jesus or his crucifixion rather. Akro, uncaring as always, walks past the don, without even looking at him, and just when he's on the threshold, he turns around, and fakes that he's forgotten something)

Akro- Oh yeah, and.... FUCK YOU!

-----------------------------
© Copyright 2009 Akro (letterknitter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623230-Clash-of-the-Giants