*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623318-Which-is-the-right-question
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by spn
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1623318
musings in a lonely and broken world.
" Does it have to start with a broken heart,broken dreams and bleeding part?"-Jon Foreman
does it not strike you as sad that experience has to be the best teacher? Are we blind to the chasms into which our fathers have fallen and en and deaf to their cries of caution? Must we fall and sing laments in tune with them beffore the penny drops? Are our minds so endowed with science as to desire to test every truth before it bears into fact.Lies and truth-where does one begin,where does one end in their race for us? Can the unrighteous weeds choke my life?shall unrighteous weeds choke my life? which is the right question? Does salvation have to be from ourselves as well? is there a mirror to reflect my soul and cleanse it as well? Or is all hope swallowed in vanity vain?One step away; one step too far,can i ever step away;can i ever step too far? From a love that dwells within can i depart? From a love that dwells within shall i depart? Is my desperately wicked heart one step away;one step too far? Till when will evil rule?Does evil rule?,Which is the right question?Do i see shadows?Do i fear shadows?Shall i fret a shadow long of a thorn so short? Does the shadow not prove the sunshine?Is this war of mine not but a drop in the rain?Does this ominous cloud covering my sky cover the sky in its entirety? Does this rain leave life or death in its wake? Can i,Shall i ever know the answer before all i can use it for is advising deaf youths?Ought not we to see with the heart and through the eyes which the one said to be the windows of the soul.Are we not educating ourselves to imbecility? Is knowledge not allowing us to see the Emperor's new clothes? when will the child enlighten me to my consummate nudity,my fearful valor and my wisdom's folly? How much of this world can i,shall i consume before the heart tells me what i need? Who will answer?
© Copyright 2009 spn (spn57 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623318-Which-is-the-right-question