*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624036-A-New-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1624036
At the end, an offer is given for a new beginning.
By the time he reached the courtyard, Korhal had placed the thought of her back into the deepest recesses of his mind.

His fortress had become more desolate as he had neared the courtyard. Once he stepped through the solid oaken door and into the cool breeze of the sea air at night...he realized why.

Korhal's eyes stared straight at her, Seranya, the Goddess of Death. A smirk slowly spread across Korhal's face. She had never liked him, let alone felt the need to be in his presence...her appearance now seemed quite comical to him.

Korhal stepped slowly towards her, his grin widening with each step. 'What do you want Seranya?'

'I wish to offer you a deal Korhal.'

Korhal let out a cold, dry laugh. 'Is that so? A deal? Last deal you offered me, you tried to destroy me and take my "soul" to your realm.'

Seranya stepped forward, her glowing violet eyes casting an eerie glow upon the dark courtyard. 'Things have changed Korhal.'

'Perhaps for you they have. For me? Nothing has changed. Leave me be.' Korhal waved his hand dismissively and turned around to re-enter his fortress.

'Morin has killed Krollic.'

Korhal stopped and turned back to look at Seranya. 'Your lies will not work this time wench. The creator can not be killed. Everyone knows this. Morin's dreams are nothing but fantasy.'

Seranya shook her head, 'That is the word that was spread to mortals so that none would attempt it. It is possible and has been done. Krollic is gone. That is no lie.'

Korhal turned around to fully face Seranya. 'What does that have to do with me? My realm is far from your kind's reach.'

'I ask for your help Korhal. What you spoke of so many years ago was true. You are beyond Time and Death's reach. That is why I come here now.'

Seranya held out her hand, a large black serpent appearing and slowly beginning to coil itself around her hand and arm. Seranya suddenly snapped her hand up and the serpent straightened out into a large, twisted black staff.

Korhal eyed the serpent, then slowly looked at Seranya's face. 'What do you want from me?'

'I want you to take the Serpent staff and destroy Morin. Become the Avatar of Death, Korhal.'

Korhal stared at Seranya for what seemed hours. Slowly Korhal's hand reached out and took the staff. The staff seemingly molded itself to fit the shape of his hand. Korhal twirled the staff easily, never missing a spin.

Korhal slammed the staff end into the ground and looked at Seranya. 'What do you get out of this? The role of Creator?'

Seranya shook her head. 'I get nothing but Morin's destruction. The realms are to be torn apart if he isn't stopped.'

Korhal growled. 'You lie. But, to destroy the God of Chaos...will be quite entertaining.'

Seranya nodded and slowly faded away. Korhal chuckled after she had left.

'Then perhaps the Goddess of Death.'
© Copyright 2009 ColdHeart (coldheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624036-A-New-Life