*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624091-Space
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Personal · #1624091
I think we just need space. 12.04.09
Space


          I think I’ll leave when the wind blows, nah that’s too cliché, right? Too much like a certain All American Rejects lyric by the same name. Yeah. Let’s try to aim for something a little less unoriginal. How about this?
          I’ll leave the next time I’m on the highway route 9 and see an exit ramp for 84 or 91. I think I like that plan. Next time the feeling strikes me and I’m so angry and alone that I’m paying attention to the signs and see one and just… go.
          Because I can’t stand this place anymore. I really can’t. It’s like a rollercoaster of absurdity, really. One piano burns, that’s cool. Then we find another one that plays perfectly and then out of nowhere comes one wrong chord followed by a whole slew of other wrong chords until whoever’s playing the damn piano itself suddenly becomes too inexperienced to fix it and bam. Failure of the piano, lighting of the piano…
          Burning of the piano.
          I don’t understand how someone in college can overreact like that. Haven’t we all learned through high school that overreaction to that degree and subsequently creating drama just to have it solves nothing? Haven’t we learned that that’s not the way to solve your problems?
          I mean, I could understand it from him in the older burnt piano situation because, well, the obvious but you… them…? Come on guys. My diploma’s sitting over on my bookshelves and I’m sure yours sits similarly displayed. So why can’t we act like the near-adults (or adults in two specific situations) and just get over ourselves. You guys are ripping a once coherent, happy group apart for what reason? Your ego? Since when did we start shoving our beliefs down other people’s throats in response to the same action from an outside party? Since when we “stop being friends with someone” because they’re “hanging out with other people or something”? Can you really be that jealous over something that stupid? Because it really was, you know. He wasn’t ditching you completely, just spending his in-between classes time with a group of people that didn’t consist of you but would hang out with you afterwards.
          And I think that’s what gets me most pissed off. Because in this whole situation, you’re all like him. I feel like I’ve got clones of him running around and disguising themselves as my friends and… that’s why I think it’s better if I just leave. Because one day soon I’ll just go off on all of you, like I should have on him.
          This is high school level ridiculousness.
          We’re in college.
          Let’s at least try to act like it, okay? Let’s learn some respect and basic social skills, yeah?
          I won’t take sides and I don’t truly intend to but I’ll be honest… if your side keeps pulling stupid shit like this… I won’t be Switzerland anymore and I’ll side with the people who are my true friends in this group.
          Besides, if I start “hanging out with the other side” just a little too much anyway, I’ll be outcast, too, right?
          Yeah, thought so.
          I just wanted to point out how ridiculous this shit all is. It’s immature and absurd.
© Copyright 2009 burnt_piano (burnt_piano at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624091-Space