*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624359-Flesh-and-blood
by Medusa
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1624359
A story of a girls journey into madness
It was a cold, dark stormy night, I had just moved into an old Victorian home in the city of Wicked Falls. The home, like others, was normal in a weird kind of peace. Instead of a noisy, bustling city, it was quiet and dark. There were no children playing in the streets, no dogs barking, nothing. As I began to settle in for the night, there was a loud rapping at my front door.. That’s when it all started.

My name is Bell Kachina and this is my story.

I went to bed late that night afraid of what was going to happen next. Soon after, I drifted into a new realm. In my dream, my friends Lea and Xion were in the front seats of the car, and I was in the back. As we were approaching a sharp curve, an animal jumped out in front of the car. Xion tried to steer the vehicle onto the other side of the road, but instead, we went through the railing and into the forest. The car disappeared and a tree took form. A spirit of the forest. He spoke of wealth and love, but when he pointed to me, his words went cold. He said to me, “ Child, you must die in order to find true peace in the world, if not, then you will bring evil into this place..” I woke up in a fright, the clock said 2:50 am. About five minutes later, a dark mass appeared. It came to the edge of my bed, then in an instant, disappeared. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, was I still asleep? As I tried to get up, I realized that I was being held down by an invisible force, I fought so hard to try screaming or moving. The air in my throat seemed to be dissipating. I was running out of time. The presence I felt only got stronger, reassuring me that I could die. Finally, I managed to slip away from its hold on me, and I ran. When I had calmed down, I glanced over at the clock, which brought shock to my face. 3:00 am. What had seemed like an eternity, was only five minutes. Impossible. I had never felt fear like that before now. An unending thought of despair and death. The next few nights were the same, the dark mass appearing and disappearing, then the frightful eternity of being pinned down and out air. In the weeks that followed, I began to lose sight of normality, locked away . I would find myself talking to things that weren’t their, I even invented a friend to talk to in my seclusion. His name was Ankou. He told me to do things to horrible for the mind to conceive by itself. I was on my own, and I was crazed with madness. Eventually, I stopped fighting and gave into the night time visits. I was slowly being possessed by a dark, demonic force, and I didn’t mind. I knew what would happen, and the feeling gave me a sort of porpuse to bring on emotions of excitement. I wanted the power that came with possession. My reflection showed myself in a frozen state, on my face, was a chilling smile, and eyes so empty. I took my life with the help of a blade, so I sould begin a new one full of evil. I awoke shortly after my attempt and realized that I had been discovered, and was in the hospital. Restrained to the bed. In a fit of rage, I rose from the dead place I had been, and started to scream. My body was rapidly changing, my flesh was on fire and burning to the bone. The monster rose.
I was not alone, through pain and sufferiing, the evil did rise, waiting for morning, as wicked falls waited for me.
© Copyright 2009 Medusa (romona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624359-Flesh-and-blood