*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624827-My-Crawl
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1624827
My Crawl To My Death.
I was hoping for the green grass to grow beyond my ankles, but I never imagined it to grow beyond my eyes. Each blade has sliced open my heart to the point of no repair. Right as I see the light from the sun, knowing that only five more steps would release me from the pain, I fall right to my knees. I don’t think I have it in me to pull myself back up. As I crawl in the cold dirt, one arm in front of the other, I come to terms with the fact that it’s all coming to a painful end. Scrapping as much as possible to come up with any determination I have left, I indeed find my flesh peeling away. I refuse to lay here for the rest of time, inside me bursts with fire and I find my angry self out of the grass lying under the bright bold sun. A sense of happiness covers me; I shut my eyes, and know that this is how it was supposed to be.
© Copyright 2009 Adoptedchick13 (adoptedchick13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624827-My-Crawl