*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625040-It-could-happen-to-you
by Zach
Rated: E · Other · Mystery · #1625040
What could happen in real life
Mark Bronson is a man in his early thirties who is about six feet nine inches tall, always clean shaven and never seen without wearing a business suit. He is a successful business man who has everything you could ever want, from a beautiful wife and children, to fancy cars, three homes and money. His problem is that he works too much and cares more about his image than his family. Mark has a secret life as well. He is supporting a bad cocaine and alcohol problem and has a mistress who is his secretary. Mark and his secretary meet once a week at a local five star hotel where their affair happens. What Mark doesn't realize is that because he isn'� t home like he used to be, spending time with him family, His wife has been having an affair as well.

It was a cold, snowy, winter night in the middle of January at an indoor storage facility located in Newark, N J. The storage facility itself was an old mill from the industrial revolution that was abandoned and converted to a storage facility in the early 1950's. What makes this a perfect place is that it is open 24 hours a day, there are no cameras located on the grounds and it is located in the middle of a secluded area. The town of Newark, NJ is the perfect place for a crime: because it is right across the river from Manhattan, NY. The crime rate in Newark, NJ is off the charts and the city is often referred to as the most dangerous city in the nation.

Mark had arrived home from work early and noticed that something was not right. Upon entering his house Mark found a note that simply said "went to get some milk and meet a friend at our storage facility." Mark immediately got in his car and drove down to the storage facility to meet his wife and son there. From the moment Mark walked into the storage room all he could see was the remains of two mutilated bodies. He then immediately called the police. Once the police were on the scene they questioned Mark and asked him to identify the bodies and to brace himself because the killings were gruesome. First they took him to the body of a woman hog tied and gagged with slashes to her face, throat cut wide open and stab marks in her back and breast. Mark identified her as his wife and the police then took him to the second body of a little boy with a gunshot wound right to the head (brain matter coming out of the wound) this body was identified as his son. The police had also found a note that stated "You have taken everything from me. Now you will pay and there will be one more killing"



Other than the note at the crime scene, the evidence was minimal. The killer seemed to use gloves on the stabbing wounds and no prints or knife were recovered. They recovered a 9 mm bullet from the son's head. So this basically left the authorities with no fingerprints and no DNA evidence. This left the police with two questions. Who would be next to die? Like the letter stated and who would be their prime suspect?

At the start of the investigation the cops were puzzled about this case since the clues were minimal in the case. Mark was sent into a deep depression with one question on his mind,"� who would want to do this to him?" It made Mark wonder then he thought to himself that ever since the murders his mistress, Mary, was getting really close to him. She was checking in on him getting more and more clingy while distancing herself from her husband. Mark tried to gather evidence for the case by asking her questions in which made her suspicious. She broke down and cried making his suspicions even more bothersome. They decided that they needed to get away together and spend some time at their favorite hotel. The day finally came that they were going back to their original hotel, where they always met before when his wife was alive. Mark was leaving work and had received a call from Mary saying she couldn't wait to see him and to hurry up. When Mark arrived at the hotel and went up to their suite he could tell something was wrong. When he got off the elevator the door to the room was opened a little. Mark stepped inside and all he saw was Mary tied to a chair and gagged with an arrow lunged in her chest by a crossbow. There was blood on the carpet and a note that stated "Now I have taken everything from you."



With all being lost, Mark, now alone in his house, had nothing but time to think about everything that had happened to him recently. Just then, the phone rang. Mark answered it and on the other end all he heard was a breathing noise and a faint voice that said," It will all be reveled soon."



Three days after the strange call Mark kept trying to think who would want to do this to him. Mark couldn't work nor sleep because of this. Mark decided he would try and solve this case on his own. Mark went down to the police station and requested all the information they could give him on the case and started to do some research of his own. Mark spent countless hours and days looking over the files and notes all the while unbeknown to him being watched by a strange figure. Mark realized who it was and he suddenly called the lieutenant and started to tell him what was going on and the line on the phone went dead.



After the phone went dead Mark panicked and the light in the house went out suddenly out of the corner of his eye he noticed a match flicker to light a cigarette. Mark turned around and saw a shadow in the darkness that said "hello Mark," and then stepped into the moonlight coming in the window to reveal himself. What Mark saw stunned him it was none other this mistress husband Tony! Tony then told Mark to have a seat mark could see that Tony had a gun in his hand, so Mark sat down and asked only one question "why". Tony stated "It's simple" I saw you guys go into the hotel and I saw you guys kiss I knew my relationship was over with my wife at that very moment .She loved you more than me, but she knew she could never have you because of your wife. So I decided to take it all from you and I did! Soon I will end your miserable life and go on with mine. Tony motioned to Mark to stand up and get down on his knees with his hand behind his head. Just then Mark heard a sound of a gunshot and saw Tony drop to the ground. The lieutenant had saved his life and Tony was taken into custody.
© Copyright 2009 Zach (ztr123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625040-It-could-happen-to-you