*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625183-The-Snow-Monster
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1625183
It was christmas eve when the snow storm started. Something was moving out in the snow.
The snow storm started around midnight. The wind was wailing through the trees and making them creak as the wind passed through. A huge pile of snow landed on the roof and the slid off onto the ground below. Soon after that the snow storm stopped and the wind died down to a breeze. The large pile of snow just sat there. Inside the house the kids were ready to open the presents but the parents told them that they had to wait until tommorow. Suddenly the pile of snow moved. It was no longer a pile of snow. It was a snowman and it looked mad, really mad. The monster started to move towards the front door. It's branches trying to open the door. They couldn't manage to twist the handle. It made a lound wailing sound as they scrached the brass. One of the kids heard the noise and peered out of the window to see what was making that horrible sound. As soon as he saw the monster he screamed.  A loud sound that could over rule the banshiee. The monster turned his head at the sound and upon seeing the window he shuffled over to it and pounded on the glass causing it to shatter. The snowman climbed in through the open window. When the parents saw it they  screamed louder than the child. They ran upstairs and into their bedroom. The childeren just stood there staring at it in amazment, Then the microwave beeped in the kitchen to tell them that the hot cocoa was done. The kids looked at each other and than they ran into the kitchen and grabbed the cocoa. They ran back into the living room where the monster was looking around for them. When the monster saw them with the cocoa it turned around and tried to climb back out of the window but the kids ran over to it and they poured the cocoa onto him. The monster snowman began to melt. Soon he was nothing but a pile of water on the ground. The parents came down to see what had happened and whent they saw the kids and the water on the floor they knew  what had happened and they were so happy that they let the kids open two presents that night.



MORAL :

If there is a large pile of snow outside of your door. Pour hot cocoa onto it before it turns into a large evil monster snowman.
© Copyright 2009 Emo-Dragon592 (starlight592 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625183-The-Snow-Monster