*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625387-Stuck
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1625387
Can one man survive with one beast with nothing and his instincts?(A very short chapter)
My arms and legs were aching from the running. I didn’t know what I was running from, but I knew it was there. The weight of my gear was slowing me down. I dropped my assault rifle and continued. Whatever that thing was it was scary, it had taken out my whole team, leaving me alive. Somehow it had managed to rip their limbs clear of their sockets. Obviously I was upset, it was just one rule out here in the field, look after yourself before anyone else. That’s what I did, what they would’ve done and what I should’ve done. Distant growls came from my pursuer. My leg banged against a fallen log and I stumbled, regained my balance and carried on. After an hour of nonstop running a cliff face blocked my path. I spun around, drew my pistol and tried to fire. The click of an empty barrel and I drop my pistol, switching to my knife. I make sure that I’m close to the wall then I look up to my opponent. Before I could do anything in defence it struck out and cut me across the face. I swung my knife around hoping to get lucky. My knife strikes flesh. My assailant growled and ran. I lay there, still. Very, very still.
          When I had the courage to get up, I realised that I was bleeding from the cut that ran from above my right eye to my left cheek. Also my eye was seriously hurt. I could barely see from it. The sun had just started to rise. What should I do now? After a while of thinking I decided to give my friends a proper burial, but first I’ll have to find their arms and legs… I got up and went to the beach to search for my torn up comrades.
          I finished burying my friends by noon. Then my stomach rumbled. I hadn’t eaten for almost a day. So the search for food, and a way off the island, began.

Sorry, no more chapter 2, found a new inspiration...
© Copyright 2009 Y.farhad (reym9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625387-Stuck