*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625476-I-want-to-go-anywhere-in-the-world
by Protag
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Environment · #1625476
An observation on the world.
(This was written to be read out loud to an audience.)

I want to go anywhere in the world.
Just how man was supposed to live before we ourselves built obstacles to take away that freedom. You have to ask yourself if that was the right thing to do. Sure, it might make the men high up in society feel safer at night but the restrictions that were put in place were limitless.
The sad truth is we don’t need to travel anymore; the internet does it for us. And when we do, tickets and tokens weigh us down.
I want the freedom to be able to travel to nowhere planned with only a good pair of walking shoes; no plans or maps. I’ll make it up as I go along.
Why can’t we do this anymore?

Technology is the answer.
We rely on it for a convenient life. We couldn’t even live without it anymore.
You may agree with me on this but I ask: could you get up at sunrise to manage the crops and feed the livestock?
I couldn’t. Even I the wordsmith rely on technology to read and write. When I was born I needed it to survive. And Even now I use it for tainted inspiration.
I see electrical towers slowly invading the old pear orchids and little villages being crushed by new offices, this kills inside.
But the thought that hurts the most is that deep down when I see the villain that is technology I am thankful for it.
How could I not be?

It can be a good thing.
If used to save lives and report warnings across the word. It’s the abusing fathers of technology that are dangerous.
They make it surround the sights of the country and pollute the pure air while not even thinking of the effects, “that’s another persons job.”
It’s commanded to dig into the surface of an already fragile earth and look for stones that are worthless when it comes to freedom. This shortens its life and kills a little more of its dignity.
The earth fights back by causing floods and tornadoes and we have the ignorance to ask why.
The earth is turning into a mass of natural and man-made disasters. How could we not see this coming?
We are trading life for convenience.
It’s not even ours to trade; we’re the ones getting the convenience while people in other countries give the life.
© Copyright 2009 Protag (protag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625476-I-want-to-go-anywhere-in-the-world