*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625856-Kerris-Kite
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1625856
It's a Easter story
Kerri’s Kite



  Kerri was the first to awake, excitedly she raced to her fathers Office in search of the kite supplies. She searched the desk, the cabinets, her dad’s brief case but no kite supplies were there to be found.



  After breakfast Mrs. Robin, took her down Regent Road to purchase a kite. Her father had forgotten to get the kite supplies and he didn't have time to make a kite with her this year.



  The road was lined with kite vendors selling beautifully colored kites in every shape, size and design, but none were special enough for her.She gazed at the kites and shook her head; none was a Kerri kite. 



    "let's go to the stationery and get kite supplies,” said Kerri, while pulling her mom down the street. “we’ll make The Kerri Kite, it will be the most special kite in the whole country. No! In the whole world! ”

They went to Argosy Book store and bough colorful sheets of kite paper, bamboo, twine, gummer-cherry and stickers.



  After lunch Mr. Robin called a staff meeting at the Bus Station. He had sad news to give everyone, including Kerri.

All the staff gathered round in the court yard and Kerri stood by his side to hear his announcement.



“This year we will have to work on Easter Day, by order of the Ministry of Transportation.”



Everyone was sad; especially Kerri. If Mr. Robin had to work, then they couldn't go to the park and the Ocean for the kite flying competition.



  “I know !” exclaimed Kerri “We’ll have our own kite festival here at the Bus Station. We'll have one big working Holiday. The picnic area can be set up in the field behind the work shop, it will be great!”



  Although Mr. Robin knew he would be too busy running the station he agreed. He had already let her down he didn’t want to further break her little heart.



  Easter morning seem to take too long to come, but it came eventually. Clad in a pair of green shorts, a stripe top and a Panama hat, Kerri was ready for Kite flying.

In all the excitement she had forgotten one important thing; the kite.

They hadn’t made the kite. Mr. Robin was too busy running the station, thus Mrs. Robin had to help Kerri make the kite.



  They made several kites. Some were too big and just couldn't be lifted into the air. Some were too light and just spun around in the air.

Eventually they made a kite that was just right, but then the rain came down and blew the kite out of sight.



  Kerri started to cry, she had just enough materials left to make one more kite.

Alone she sat and made her final kite and was happy to see it lifted into the air.

Alas!It got hooked in a coco-nut tree and then cut off by another kite. 



  Mr. Robin came to cheer her up. There was nothing he could say to make her happy.

He returned to the office and Kerri started to pack up the picnic basket. As she was gathering the items for the basket she noticed a plastic bag flying.



  Quickly she ran to the basket and grabbed a plastic bag and tied a long twine to the handles. The bag danced daintily in the wind. Up, high up in the air, it went higher than any of the other kites had gone.Kerri eventually found her desirable kite, this was truly the Kerri kite.



© Copyright 2009 Jauhar Al Akdar (jauhar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625856-Kerris-Kite