*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626076-Split-Ch1-Breakdown
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1626076
Insanity is reality
Random note before you start reading: Understand this is under constant construction and redoing so any change can happen in a matter of seconds or days, a current plan that I am thinking over is whether I went to fast with it, and am arguing with myself if Axel will be allowed a few days before the events that you will see unfold will take place. The reason for this is I realized that if i continue at my present pace then the story will move to fast for some readers, and make it a challenge for myself to keep you able to understand all the the people introduced. This action will redesign a section a little ways in making it that this story will most likely reach a point of the chapter being 10-20 pages at the most, this action will aid to make more personality to each and give you more of a closer relationship with Axel in particular. This idea was reached after several readings and well as the suggestion from both family and one teacher who I tend to ask advice of on random occasions. Enjoy the story and thank you for your time to read this.


You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice.

Chapter one: Breakdown

In the darkness an echo running wild into his ears, burrowing deeper as it grew louder, seconds rolling by. Axel pulled at his hands, they shook as he tried to pull them to his ears, unable to move as if they were made of stone. Louder and louder this sound came, his ears felt like they were ready to burst. Axel shut his eye’s as the pain bit into him. Trying to block it from his mind. The darkness felt massive, cutting out everything but the sound.

A sudden feeling of quiet washed over him as all sound shut off. He felt drugged as he pried his eyes open to look into the darkness. A wet feeling sliding down his cheeks, he pulled at his hands to find out what. Shaking as they finally started to respond. He moved his hand shakily following the trails as he stopped at his ears, where a small pool rested. He moved his hands slowly moving to his eyes shaking as he saw his hands, glowing like neon his own blood. The darkness around him grew deeper, pulling at him, his eyes shifted from left to right in fear.

There was nothing, no light, no true feeling. Fear swam in his flesh, only the thought that this darkness was here for him, hungering to snuff out his existence. He could not raise his voice in this darkness, his mouth not following his command. But in that void a light grew from a faint glow. Air moving about it like the very light was its creator.

A weak laugh slipped into Axels deaf ears as the darkness around him flashed, crimson lit eyes hanging like bulbs on a invisible plant. From this light a strange field formed, its soil white as ash. Faint signs of grass still rested on the land like a warning of death. He looked around himself, the wind whistled around him faintly, the sounds ripping into his head as easy as it could blow. He stopped as a warm water dripped down his back. Out of fear he turned around then-

The whine of his alarm went on in his ears. Axel jolted up and looked around him

"Not again" Axel moaned, his hair wet with sweat as he wiped it out of his eyes. Once again the dream had come to him, the pain and sights the same every time. Like something was reaching for him. He sighed as he dropped his hand on the clock, a small button on the device shutting off the annoying whine. The digital clock's showing SUN in bright green letters, its digital marks signing off the end of his freedom. "Schools tomorrow....dang where did the summer go?" He muttered as he pushed the sheets off of him, the warm fabric softly clinging to the sweat on his skin.

He lifted himself out of bed with hazy notice of the bed underneath him, feeling a want to say on its quilted fabric, rolled in the cheap covers. He quickly pulled himself up, grabbing at a pair of dirty blue jeans laying on the ground at his feet. His eyes ran along the room, its white walls glowing faintly in the warmth of the suns glow passing out of the window hanging over his bed.

The single mirror on his wall showing his deep brown eye's piercing as if looking at something that could not be seen, the iris almost impossible to distinguish from the pupil. "Still as cold as ever." Axel muttered as he scratched his black curling hair.

"Axel, make sure to comb your hair!" His mother yelled from somewhere in the house, her voice echoing and strong against the thick walls.

"Sure mom!" Axel yelled, his voice echoing off the walls weakly. He yawned as he pulled the comb off of its spot taped to his mirror. He grimaced looking at the comb, a mess of hair and grease covering its bristles.

'I guess I can hold off a day.' Axel thought dropping the comb to the ground. "Now where’s my tooth brush?" He sighed as he looked, it lay dirty and yellow on the ground under his feet.

'Might need a new one of those' Axel thought to himself as he pushed open his door a loud creek coming from the rusted frame, the floor echoing his steps.

"Mom, I'm going for a walk in the woods." He yelled, his voice squeaking slightly as he spoke. Before she replied he ducked out the window to his left, landing with a roll to the soft soil bellow.

_________________________________
New add on starts here:

He walked slowly without aim of where to go, staring blankly in a tranquil movement. A feeling of enjoyment fuelling him to walk ever deeper into the tree’s. The wave of the leaves on the soft wind, the fresh sent of pine as it crunched under-foot. He walked for hours in this silence, the echo’s of life running around him as chipmunks ran eagerly from tree to tree looking with curiosity at Axel like he was a strange alien in their woods. The hours he walked drew him blindly under its invisible pull slowly sapping away the darkness of his dreams.

What are you really after?

Axel jolted from his calm walk as he looked around the dark words he heard leaving a chill down his spine.

“Who’s there?” Axel yelled out looking around, sighing quickly after. “Just my imagination right?” Axel looked up into the tree’s a single white cloud floated in the azure sky, the sun faintly shinning through it.
“What am I after huh? Eh I might be imaginin’ things.” Axel sighed as he looked back his mothers voice echoing softly in the woods piercing the distance with her strong voice.

“ Axel, Dinners done!” His mother yelled, repeating it a few more times her voice growing fainter with each yell.

On your way back make a little detour all you need is to take a little bit of a turn to the left.

“Who’s there?” Axel said again looking back and forth, “Come on….” Already the memory of the voice grew faint as if it was all in his head. “…..fine I will humor ya.” He sighed and followed the idea, slightly turning to the left he want on the minutes seeming to bring him awareness of the woods, the sun had started to fad under the horizon leaving a pink streak across the clouds that were barley in vision.

“It’s almost dark…what am I-” Axel stopped as he tripped, grabbing hold of a metal rim of some hole into the earth. “-doing…” his voice echoed on the metal surface of this strange hole.
“That was a little to close…but…” He sighed “…how am I going to get out?” Axel pushed at the metal wall only making it harder for him to keep from tumbling into the hole.

Several minutes passed the day turning to night, his mothers voice echoing in the woods. His breath deep from his hold. His mind running with ideas, letting himself fall in the hole and climbing out, pulling himself and so on. Each idea meant with fear of what’s in the dark hole underneath him. His eyes shifting widely as pain started to rip into his hands, a line of blood running into the hole. He in fear pulled back a burning hand, blood smeared his palm a red line, bleeding readily. His fear ran to his other hand as the strain of holding himself like this was becoming exhausting.

Pain shot through his arm as he let go, his arm busing as it smashed into the metal wall around the hole. His eyes straining to see in the pitch black, the only sign of his falling seemed like the feeling of wind under him, no sound seemed to exist around him in that dark space as if he was in a great void. As the seconds rolled by the danger he felt grew deeper and deeper, knowing in the pit of his heart that he may die.

Almost there

“What?” The sound of wind blasting at his ears became noticeable  as the hole he had been falling in started to grow lighter. Red bulbs stuck out from the wall, yellow and black stripes blurring as he continued to fall. His eyes running from left to right in the hopes their was something to stop his fall. The only thing he could make out was part of the wall was starting to seem to shine, becoming slick and more flat as he got closer and closer. In the hopes that this may save him he shook around trying to turn to have his back to it.

“Ahhhh.” Axel yelled out in pain as he hit the slide the surface ripping at him, burning the flesh, the seemingly smooth surface clinging eagerly to him. He moved at a ever slowing rate as the slide became less and less of a in  cline, its ruff surface pulling for him to stop. His eyes held shut as he move further and further down a fear of death hanging in his gut.

“Crap…..” Axel muttered as he looked up, the light of the sun long ago swallowed up by this pit.




Unfinished....
___________________________________________________________________



continuation at one point:

He sighed as he looked around the heavily wooded area. His home was this forest, as if every branch had a tale, and every leaf told him that story. He smiled, crouching in a runners stance, mentally planning his imaginary race with Mikey Gorden. An Olympic runner he had seen on T.V once. In his mind he heard as a loud deep voice yelled out a count down. Each number running with an all to real echo. As the numbers grew closer to zero he noticed something, the voice was a more and more that of a girl, echoing as she walked closer.

"Now what?" Axel said as he looked up, only to glance down again, his face turning red. A girl walked down from the trees of a hill, smiling faintly as she noticed he spotted her.

"What ya' doing?" She said almost stumbling as she walked, her warm red hair seeming to dance around her in the wind.

Axel looked up calmly, his eyes to the left as he said, "Nothing really." He glanced over a eager sensation in his mind as he moved his eyes back down. "I was just planning a run in the woods."

The girl seemed to laugh,
"Such skill, I am amazed your feet have not fallen off." Her steps seemed clumsily as she moved, almost making her trip as she kicked into a high root.

Axel just stood their blankly, "Umm....." he replied, stopping his words as he tryed again to glance up only to look back down, his face turning a brighter red each time he looked. The girl smiled leaning forward trying to catch his eyes.

"Names Maria, what's yours?" Her voice seeming to echo in his ears, holding a sweet note.

"Umm, Axel...I-I, I probabibly should be going now." Axel said as he turned slowly walking around her. Before she could reply he bolted, he ran his legs as hard as he could, his mouth opening and closing to take in air almost violently as he went.Axel finally stopped, four minutes of running up and down the hilly landscape left his lungs stinging.

“What was I thinking?” Axel breathed out as he finally started to catch his breath, his mouth growing dry and thirsty. “Maybe I should go back…” Axel thought out loud as he looked around him, the tree’s seemed to be waving softly, the light bending around them, as if shadows had been scared away.

“What the…” His vision suddenly went black; his body felt like it was shaking wildly, pain erupting from his sides. His words seemed distant as he tried to yell, only to find that no air was left to breath. Sound around him was a faint echo, like being underwater in a metal pool, the water dancing around the surface.

The world shook back into life as he suddenly dropped to the ground, pain erupting from his head as he involuntarily yelled once more. On the edge of his slowly returning vision he saw a bright red hanging over him, slowly he recognized her.

“Maria?” Axel muttered as he rolled on his side, his eyes felt like they were burning as they started to adjust.

“Are you okay?” Maria asked, her voice seeming just the same, yet oddly Axel felt some strange unnatural air about it, her hair seemed to bright a crimson, like it had lost its warm glow.

“….I..don’t know…” Axel said as he tried to push himself up, "I can't-" He lost his breath and waved his hands at his ears, a loud ringing annoying him. He lost his balance as he rose only to be saved by Maria. Her hands gripping his arm with practiced precision.

"Thanks.." Axel muttered as he started to feel like he was going to vomit.

"You’re welcome." She said with a smile as she lowered Axels weak body to the ground letting him rest against a tree. Axel and Maria waited as time passed, the air around them seeming to hold an acquired silence, neither seemed to feel like talking. After what seemed like age's Maria said, "Do you think you can move?" Axel shrugged as he pushed at himself, his feet wobbling under his own weight.

"I think I can" Axel muttered, his eyes felt like they were seeing everything clearly yet his mind was bluring, like he was zoned out. Around him he felt a darkness running down his spine, a feeling he felt every time he slept that darkness that took at his body, numbing it of all but what it wanted to show him. As he walked the invisible darkness stalked after them, hiding behind the trees, spying and plotting, each step he was more eager than the last to get out of these woods.

The ground shook as if a massive blast had ripped into the earth, waves of smoke shooting up into the air from the distance, just visible above the tree line.

“What the-“ Axel yelled only to stop as a wave of heat tore into him, knocking him to the ground. Axel pushed himself up running to it. Maria’s voice yelling for him to stop, the echo of her voice almost gone in the wind. He ran hard, the trees like blurs, his eyes growing dry and weak as he rushed. His feet slammed to a stop as he looked, at the fringe of the woods the ground was red, lava jumping up eagerly at the trees hanging to close to them. Axel dropped to his knees; his home stood in the middle only the smallest remnants left in the burning pit.

“No……mom….dad……” Axel muttered weakly staring out at the flames.

As he stood there a painful echo entered his ears, Axel yelled out in pain as he covered his ears and dropped his face to the warm dirt.

“No….no…no…no, no, no, no, no!” Axel blacked out as he felt his ears grow wet with blood.

As his sight started to fade, the distinct image of a red pair of eyes floating in the darkness of the trees, staring at him as if hungry. He collapsed to the ground, eyes moving wildly under their lids and they were forced closed. In that darkness under his eyes he saw a pale dead field of grass, ash grey dirt sprinkling the ground, as if he was once again in that dark world.

“Where is this?” Axel yelled out his voice empty and hollow.

The air around him shifted visibly as he heard a calm, cold voice swim in his ears.

“Want to make a deal” It said, a faint laughter echoing from the darkness, a small wave of darkness flashed into the grey field, the dead grass burning a black fire as it washed away, and a boy stood facing him, a negative of himself. Yet something was wrong about him, his face in a twisted grin maybe, or how every black was white, every white was black in contrast to Axel. He could not place it, this forbidding feeling like an old and powerful evil.

“Want to make a deal?” He said, repeating himself as if annoyed, the air around him feeling violent and eager. Axel stood staring at him for maybe a minute before saying,

“Who are you?” In reply the negative bowed smiling; his black teeth sharp seemed to almost glow.

“Why I am you of course….my king.”

Part one over please more to part two after your eyes have gotten over staring at a bright screen for this time.
© Copyright 2009 Truewing (zolen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626076-Split-Ch1-Breakdown