*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626182-Reborn
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1626182
Entry for the weekly horror contest
The military training given to me wasn't enough. I knew that now. My body was hard and fit, my reflexes sharp, but nothing prepared me for them. My knees now shattered, my ribs protruded were visible where they tore through my shirt. Howling in my mind, I fought against the concoction they had injected me with.

I could hear them circling me, whispering accusations in my ear. I could feel their cold steel rubbing against my cold flesh. They weren't done with me, not by a long shot. I could feel the incisions as they cut into me slowly. Murmuring this was what became of people like me. They promised I would see the error of my ways, the falsity of my oath. Soon, they promised, I would join them.

I don't remember being taken, but it doesn't matter now. I believe, they were right, I was wrongly led and now I'm reborn.

Showing me the winged parachute pin, dripping with my blood they said, "Baby killer no more, now you believe, now you're a true American..."

Word Count: 177
© Copyright 2009 ChrisRand (roningeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626182-Reborn