*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626422-Love-Love---Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Xhaan
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1626422
Love, Love - Romance novel. She has one main decision to make.

  I was incredibly confused. Which one should I have chosen? I knew deep down what it was that I should choose, but there was still an element of guilt. I had already made up my mind; I had ‘unchosen’ two of the options, which left me with a last choice – One. I so badly wanted one, yet none may have been easier. Though after what I had discovered from my past experiences of this kind, I had an innate feeling that one would be good for me, better than none.

  I tried to compare the three situations I had conceived in my mind. Pre-one, as I called it, had already come and gone.  It was but a mere memory in a pool of so many going-ons.  Some of it was good, and some of it was bad.  All of it I had learnt from.  And because of that, none of it would be truly forgotten.  I did not have a single regret.  Thinking about this left me with a feeling of content, making my decision I had made seem slightly easier.

  The situation of none, looking at it properly, seemed negative compared with the other two.  None seemed so... lonely.  Lost.  Missing a certain something that I craved. And that something I needed, otherwise I would feel unsatisfied, perhaps even disappointed. And after my previous experiences, that was something I definitely did not need. I’d had enough of disappointment. Enough of the little amount of satisfaction I was getting. I needed something different, something fresh. Which was why one was the option I wanted. One sounded so good right now. Yes, I would be stepping into the unknown, but I felt comfortable with it. I liked different. Different was better than the routine I had got myself into. And as I thought about it more, it started to seem even better. I was nearly convinced. Nearly convinced about something I had thought so much over.

  And so I had made up my mind. I looked ahead and forgot about what had happened. My future was dotted with turnings and crossroads, yet I knew they would all link back to the main road I had chosen to follow. And as I followed it, I was finally true to myself, because I never wanted it to end.
© Copyright 2009 Xhaan (xhaan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626422-Love-Love---Prologue