*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626921-ping-pong
by cynner
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1626921
the result when a teacher gave me 15 lines describing the inside of a ping pong ball
I was just lying there, honestly.  And then, well, this big white round thing came hurtling down from the sky, straight at me. I curved my exoskeleton around myself, and braced for the impact.

It didn’t hit me, exactly. More like hit around me.  I unclenched, flipped onto my back and looked.  Curving above me was white.  I was lying on white, not a flat floor, but rather a white curve that continued up obscuring the sky with  a plastic curve.  Just to my left, where I’d been laying only a second before, was a hole, through which I could see the concrete which had been my resting place only seconds before.

Although the surface was mostly opaque, I could make out two large pink shapes descending, and gripping either side of the curves I was looking up at.  The globe I was now inside of was lifted, while I tried in vain to not slip.  I made my way to the hole I had entered through, just in time to see a huge paddle smash against it.

I bounced against the opposite wall, and distantly, through the gap which was my only hope of escape, saw an expanse of green with white lines across it. And some weird sort of netted arrangement. I hit the wall again, as my prison bounced off the green, and over the net. Another smash, the same as when the first paddle hit me, and I again bounced off the opposite wall.
I do not know how long the torture went on for, but eventually I came to rest long enough to escape.

Thanks be to the powers that make my world.
© Copyright 2009 cynner (cynner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626921-ping-pong