*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627071-The-Royce-Stone-Journals-Introduction
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1627071
The Journal entries of a madman from the 1870's. An ep to my comic book Godsend.
Royce Stone
1854-1880

The name Royce Stone conjures, for me, the most terrifying images.  It's not just the fact that he was a child killer.  It's not just the fact that he had that infamous facial deformity.  It's not just the fact that he was a religious fanatic.  (Although that's a big part of it.)  But what terrifies me the most about the seiral killer Royce Stone is the fact that in his height of terror, he himself was thought of as the devil. 
Royce Stone's "hey day" was 1874-1880.  In just six years Royce Stone sexually assaulted and brutally murdered at least 11 children. (Boys or girls, it didn't matter to Royce.)  Word of these crimes were greatly overshadowed by the civil war, and because of the war, Royce Stone has faded out of history altogether.
Not a lot is known about Royce's early life.  We know that Royce moved to the small town of Deerhorn, Arizona in the year 1874.  While most of the men were off fighting the war, only women and their children were left in town.  It was three weeks after Royce was settled into town that he took his first victem, it was then that his legend had begun.  Children all over the town began to disappear.  They were taken from thier beds in the middle of the night and returned to the same place three days later, dead.  One of Royce's signatures was to carve religious markings all over the children's body.  The superstitious town folk began to believe that the town was plagued by demons.  When they learned that these crimes were being committed by a man, they made sure Royce Stone paid dearly for what he had done.
These journal entries are the only real proof that Royce Stone existed at all.  These are his words, his thoughts, and as I dove into the mind of this man I have become haunted by him.  Now reprinted for the first time, this is The Mind of Royce Stone. 
© Copyright 2009 A.W.Reed (famouseden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627071-The-Royce-Stone-Journals-Introduction