*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627143-A-Very-Bad-Boy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1627143
What happens when you are a very bad kid for Christmas
It was supposed to be a good Christmas, but I guess that just wasn't supposed to happen. The first signs that this Christmas was going to be horrible was when my little brother got a letter from "Santa", I figured it was from mom and dad until I read the letter an hour after my brother read. When I picked the envelope up I was thinking about my brother's face after he read it, it looked like he had just witnessed a murder. After I read the letter I found out why. It was written in a odd way, almost like scrawled blood, it said: “I got your letter. You have been a very bad boy this year. Too bad of a boy. So this year, I've decided to give you a proper punishment. Your Christmas gift this year, death to you and your family. Sincerely, Santa Clause.”
Normally I would think it was a prank, but at this time of year and the way it was written, it couldn't be a joke, it was to horrible to be a joke.
A week later my mom died in a car crash. It was terrible. With that letter my brother got a week ago it seemed even more scary that my mom died.
A week later, on Christmas Eve, my uncle came over for dinner. He went into the bathroom and didn't come out. When we looked inside we saw his bloodied corpse lying on the ground, along with a note that said “A very bad boy”. I couldn't sleep that night.
On Christmas morning Me and my brother were opening our presents, but we weren't excited. After we finished opening our presents my dad went to church but me and my brother stayed behind and went to sleep.
While we were asleep the Christmas tree was lit on fire. When I realized that it was on fire it was too late, but I didn't know that. I woke my brother up and we went into the living room to try to escape, but the blaze was too big, we tried to go back but we were met by another blaze, I didn't know how this fire was started. The two blazes started to close in us, my brother looked paralyzed in fear.
Then, everything went black.





Word Count: 409 words
© Copyright 2009 thenarrarator (wertyou2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627143-A-Very-Bad-Boy