*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627349-My-True-Love-Gave-to-Me
Rated: ASR · Other · Dark · #1627349
A story about receiving present after present from someone that the recipient doesn't know
The doorbell rang and Ria hurried downstairs with fear. She opened the door before her parents came. It was the mailman. "Another one for you," he said, "Do you know this guy?" holding out a tiny gift-wrapped box. "It doesn't matter", Ria stammered through her braces and gladly accepted the present. "Listen to me, young girl. THis is a small town and nothing of this sort happens. This man could be a stalker or a child-abuser. You must be careful and tell your mum and dad." Ria wanted to say something and stammered excessively. But the mailman was in hurry - he left murmuring, "as if an abnormal girl like you can actually have a secret admirer!!!" Ria wanted to bang the door shut, but didn't because her parents would rush in.

Abnormal girl, she thought, her eyes wet, but still a good one. Santa knows, and he granted my wish - of true love. She had received twelve presents including this, each day after Christmas. Presents from her secret admirer. It was so obvious. He wanted to be secret because if he came out, people would make fun of him too just like they made fun of her. She opened the box, carefully openeing the strings and smelling them before keeping them aside fondly. She began humming, "On the tweleveth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..." No, she couldn't believe it - a ring, and a poem of proposal. It also had a footnote asking her to meet him tomorrow in private in a secluded area.

She was there at the exact time at the exact location, far away from civilization. Shivering in cold, she saw a black van stop by. A man came out of it and walked towards her. She had never seen him before, and of course, he was a grown up man, not a boy. A cold chill ran down her spine. Oh my god, the mailman was right. He is going to kidnap me!!! SHe turned around and ran as fast as she could, which was not much considering her legs could only limp. The man caught up with her and touched her shoulder.

She turned around and looked into the devil's eyes. "Hey little girl," he said, "have you seen a tall and blonde girl named Cindy? I am waiting for her." Ria caught breath and stammered, "Cindy... Cindy... used to be my babysitter.... used to live next door...moved out of town...." "What? and I have just mailed her a diamond ring!! What a fool am I." Ria took it out from her pocket and showed him, "Yes. That's ... how.... Oh... I am so sorry." "Its... 'kay", Ria said as a tear dropped down her cheek and sprayed saliva all over this man's face through her braces. The man wiped his face and said, "You shouldn't have come here. It was too dangerous." "Worth a .. worth.. worth... a shot", Ria responded with a smile. The man looked into her cross-eyes, not sure which one was looking at him and said, "Listen, neither of us found our true love today. I don't have Cindy's number and she is gone forever. But that's how it is. It doesn't come to you. You've gotta chase it. Now go home, girl before your parents worry."

552 words
© Copyright 2009 CaesarRupus....{bitem:1734589} (caesarrupus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627349-My-True-Love-Gave-to-Me