*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627578-His-Addiction---not-finished
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1627578
Daniel loves Lucy, but will a wrong move turn love into obsession?
"Passion is a positive obsession. Obsession is a negative passion."
-- Paul Carvel


    'I think I might love him, Mo. But I'm not sure if I'm in love with him or in love with how he's acting. What do you think?'
Mo Hevvin flipped closed the white Sanyo cellphone, cutting off the text messege from her vision. From her best friend, the text messege was grammaticaly and punctally correct, because of the slight obsessive need for exactness. The messege contained information and a question that pressured Mo's stomach into churning uncomfortably, because either she could lie and tell Lucy that it's great she thinks she's in love his Daniel, protecting Lucy's feelings from being hurt, or she could tell the truth and say that she thinks that it's a bad, bad, bad, idea, possibly evoking a sulkiness that could last for, at minimum, a week. Mo turned the phone around in her hands, fidgeting while thinking of a reply.
She had never met Daniel. He and Lucy had dated a few times, the last breakup landing him in Mo's Little Black Book. But although she had developed a rational distrust towards Lucy's ex, Lucy herself was soft-hearted and had grown a close, friendly attachment to Daniel yet again, despite his unpredictable, sudden hostility. That hostility had hurt Lucy a few months ago, but her forgiving nature had allowed Daniel to come crawling back to her.
"It didn't hurt, Mo," Lucy said to excuse the boy's behaviour, "I mean, he could hurt me if he tried. Think of it as... a nudge to behave properly."
"A nudge? He
hit you, Luce. He was the one not behaving properly," Mo retorted. Lucy just shrugged.
"I forgive him," was all she replied.

This conversation had taken place several times in several different structures, but had always the same points on the two sides of the controversy. The fact that Lucy was not on her own side was confusing to Mo, and also Daniel, who had been inwardly shocked at Lucy's quick allowance of friendship again.
© Copyright 2009 Dog Star (dogstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627578-His-Addiction---not-finished