*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627590-Movement-is-Beautiful
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lentus
Rated: · Other · Experience · #1627590
As I sit on this hardwood chair in my room...
As I sit on this hardwood chair in my room, I feel drawn out and my sense of time is completely inhibited. It doesn't matter if I am wandering aimlessly through net looking for research material for a major project due for class or simply reading a book as my mind works constantly away digesting the material so it could be stored away for future reference. The body as well as the soul seems to slowly slip away as it becomes bored and wants nothing to do with existance in this life. Then magically I get the urge to stand, crawl, push, pull, or simply move. Instantly, whatever concern in my mind about the future or stresses of that particular moment disappear. My mind could be teeming with thoughts that would drive me insane but instantly calm as if a mighty blackboard eraser sweeps the complex equations away from my mind as it desprately tries solve those equations by itself. Whats left is a clean board and a calm serenity as well a shot endorphins that feels so good.

The fact I crave for movement or exercise is just a beautiful thing to me. It makes me feel alive when things are pretty bleak, like a reassuring relative or friend screaming from the stands when you start getting the upper hand in a match that was not going your way, "Hang in bro! you got the lead." "Hey! Hey! don't give up now, you got him!" "Keep going! Keep going!" Good thoughts come into my mind, the kind of thoughts you just want to stay all day but just seem to be pushed out by bad thoughts that just cut my good thought down into a mere fantasy. It gets even better when its a exercise or some strength feat that you have been working on since day one. You feel that you own that movement and you accomplished it all by yourself.

You could call me a meathead or narcissist for having such thoughts. Though striving for this craving of movement is a journey of the self that person has to bare. Since no same road can be traveled twice on this undertaken, the only thing you can do is respect those who went created thier own path.
© Copyright 2009 Lentus (lentus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627590-Movement-is-Beautiful