*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629084-Catastrophe
by Anyah
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Young Adult · #1629084
She was beautiful and I was head over heels, intensely in love with her...
         Her hair fluttered in the wind, her eyes sparkled with excitement. She used her long, strong legs to jump about on the road. She laughed her tinkling laugh, the laugh that made shivers run down my spine. She was beautiful and I was head over heels, intensely in love with her...
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

         I still can’t believe the luck I stumbled across in finding her. We met at a friend’s dorm party. I felt an attraction to her the first time I laid eyes on her. She had an athlete’s body with alluring curves; her pretty, long, brown hair with bangs covering her forehead framed her oval face angelically; she had lusty, chocolate brown eyes full of curiosity, ready to explore, that were outlined by long eyelashes; a button nose and pink, plump lips completed her face. She had an edge to her that made people draw closer...

         I stirred up the courage to approach the beautiful creature, surrounded by numerous other alluring faces but none like hers. Surprisingly, she was easy to talk to and she quickly eased away the tension and nervousness I had. She led me to a corner where we had a very long friendly chat that lasted all night.  We talked about everything from sports to our futures. She was studying to become a Fashion Designer and I was working on being a Photographer. I felt plain, boring because I wasn’t like her - she was going to become a Fashion Designer whereas I would be only the one who would take the pictures of such exquisite individuals as herself. But the Fashion Designer let me know that she thought photography was impressive and a very important job in the industry. She admitted she wanted to be a photographer but she would never have enough patience with the camera. I had to laugh at that but I felt she only said that to make me feel better...

         The night ended rather quickly but I didn’t want to leave. She didn’t know it but she had me that first night, with her charm. It wasn’t just her beauty that attracted me; she was funny, smart and very open to talk about anything. I left that night feeling dreadful and extremely upset and, wondering if I would ever see her again. But then, we met again a few days later at another party. This time when the time came, without hesitating, I jumped at the chance to ask her to dinner. The Fashion Designer agreed and no one could ruin my joy that night...
At the dinner, she looked stunning. She wore a dress she designed herself ; it was blue and it came up to her knees. It fitted nicely and complimented her sun tanned skin amazingly, it had modest straps and she also wore her hair in an elegant bun.  I had to catch my breath before I could tell her how she took my breath away every single time. It was nerve racking at first, but Fashion Designer broke the awkwardness with her witty remarks. I laughed and the tension eased between us again...
         
         We went on a few more dates and many long walks that I cherished oh so much. I found out the little details that made her so unique. Her favourite colour was moss green and her favourite pass time was football; nature is what inspired her ideas that were always fresh and new. Then, I asked her to be mine, to let us be known as The Fashion Designer and Photographer and she agreed once more. From then on nothing could separate us - not even, it seemed, the end of the world. I always felt plain next her; I wasn’t anything special, I was just an average guy with messy, gold hair and boring black, squared glasses resting on my nose. But she always argued with me, telling me I was the most admirable person she’d ever met. I would always snort when she would say that, she was so funny...

         Our relationship blossomed day by day and everyday it grew stronger. It started out with a few flowers then became passionate make-out sessions in my room and now she had enough trust in me to let me take pictures of her. She was constantly the object of my attention and I had to document every moment I had with her. Today was like that, but this time the pictures would do her good too. I was going to help her shoot an ad for her class. She had to model her own clothes while I captured the perfect angle. She had the perfect body for a model; tall and lean, beautiful and stunning all around. I loved taking pictures of her. Along with giving me pleasure, those pictures were earning me high marks in my class...

         She laughed again when it started drizzling from above. She spun around in the rain, squealing with delight. I couldn’t hold back. She was the only thing that ever weakened me so much. I grabbed her by the waist and kissed her deeply. It was an agonizing kiss that ended briskly because it started to pour. She giggled and said,
“Hurry, Photographer. I don’t want to ruin my dress.”

         I ran back a few yards to get the full length. It was my idea to come have the shoot on the highway, near the thing that inspired her the most, the forest. It was my theme, nature meets everyday life. The dress itself was unparalleled. It was influenced by the pixie uniform of a short dress with a pointy skirt, the sleeves of this dress were the best part; one was short and the other was full length with holes in the shape of leaves running down the arm. She wore flats that had bells on them, so every time she took a step it made a jingling sound. The whole outfit was her favourite colour, moss green. She truly looked like she would push out her wings and fly away to the heavens...

         She tried out a few different poses for me so I could find the perfect one.
         “Can you please hurry? I’m getting really wet.” She called.
I nodded to her. I liked her hair wet, it added to the picture but she was probably getting cold. I’m going to have to just take it. I thought to myself but when I looked at her, she was in the perfect pose. Her head slightly tilted to the side, one arm loosely out in front of her and the other modestly bent to the side, her legs crossed and her face full of wonder.

         “Hold it right there. Don’t move,” I called back to her.

         I watched her, studied her, trying to find the perfect angle to take the breathtaking image. I laid on the floor and tilted my camera up and found my angle. I looked into the window of my camera but something felt wrong - an object in the background was getting bigger. It was moving closer and closer to my model. I took the camera away from my face to see what the moving thing was.

         “Are you done?” She mouthed.

         I couldn’t hear her over the loud toot of the truck’s horn. She turned around but it was too late to move out of the way. It was like everything around me slowed down and my body froze. I watched the truck knock her to the floor. I stood and watched as my true love died.

© Copyright 2009 Anyah (liquidcrystals at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629084-Catastrophe