*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630040-anonymus
by Chcl3
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #1630040
Start of a story, not final, later will become intense, not for young readers.
Dominic Lindell was sitting in the courtroom with a completely emotionless expression on his face. Those who could see him felt compelled to think he only concerned himself with his work and his part in the courtroom, he seemed cold, mercyless and devoid of emotion. Normally he didn't think of anything other than the task at hand whenever he was in this- or any other courtroom. No-one, not even he himself could have foreseen that at this moment, just before the jury read the verdict that his mind would wander elsewhere, to places and times far away from the courtroom, the judge, the jury, his client beside him- who in a moment would either be completely free, or dwell in prison for what could be the rest of his life- far from his job, from everything that mattered right now. Instead he was at a shady, dark neighbourhood on a cold night, in a place where horrifying violence occurs regularly in the dead of night, in a place most normal, hounorable people would avoid at all costs.
  In an instant he had sunken so deep into this daydream, and forgotten all that was around him, but deep down he also knew it was of great importance that he heard the verdict read so almost as fast as he had snapped into his fantasy he snapped out of it, back into reality, heard the verdict: the defendant was found innocent of all charges, completely free. He had won. Good. He then did what he always did in this event, said the same things he always did, shook his clients hand, answered him when he thanked him, then put his files into his satchel and was on his way, out of the courtroom, out of the building, into his car. When he had gotten inside and shut the door behind him he sighed heavily and let his head fall on the steering wheel.
  ,,If I've started thinking about these things unconsiously I need to take care of it soon."
  Dominic had his eyes shut, felt the cold steering wheel on his face, his brown hair, combed back with plenty of hair-gel touched the steering wheel, possibly it would leave a trace of gel on it. He felt his hearbeat increasing, he started to breath heavier, deeper. After a few seconds he raised his head, leant back to the head-rest and exhaled. ,,Dominic! You're far too upset, far too close to the courthouse! Get a grip of yourself! You have to drive yourself home!" Dominic was now very obviously in a state of emotional distress, if the people from the courtroom, and those who were fooled by Dominics emotionless expression would have seen that- had they seen him now.
  Dominic drove a special route through a part of the city which he had planned very carefully in order to get around the quickest from his home and the courthouse.
© Copyright 2009 Chcl3 (taro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630040-anonymus