*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630381-Imaginations
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Novel · Emotional · #1630381
Chapter One this is my second attempt to write a novel. I'm new, please help me improve.
Chapter One — Sorry

"I’m sorry, I gotta go. It’s the best thing to do right now. I am really sorry."

No. This isn’t happening. He’s gotta be kidding. He’s just playing around, right? Gabriel didn’t go anywhere. He is here in Beverly Hills. He lives right next door. In fact, he is actually in his room, thinking of me.

Yeah, that’s right. Someone must have wanted to prank me and wrote the note. Some jealous bitch, I guess.

“Breathe, Elodie. Breathe slowly,” I talked to myself.

“He’s not going anywhere. He loves you. He would never leave you,” I continued.

The room seems to be smaller and darker. I needed some fresh air so I decided to go out of the house for a little while. Maybe I could stop by at his house to make sure that he’s in his room. I can imagine his messy hair and his eyes looking at me as if I was the only thing that he ever wanted. I can imagine Gabriel walking towards me and kisses me like it was our first kiss. It has always been like that.

Locked my doors, and I went straight to his house. It seems empty. Maybe he went out with his brother for a while. So I walked back to my house and sat at the front porch. I took a long, deep breath.

I wondered where did Gabriel go. I wanted to apologize after what happened yesterday. I was being a paranoid freak last night. I actually thought that he slept with my best friend, Isabelle. Why did I even think of that? He would never do that to me. Never ever and that’s why I wanted to apologize. For accusing him doing something that he could never do.

As for Isabelle, well, she accepted my apology. She always does.

A few step sounds was made by someone who apparently was standing in front of me. I didn’t look up. All I saw were someone’s shoes. They looked familiar. They looked like Gabriel’s brown Nike sneakers that he always wears. I got so excited that I jumped and was ready to hug him.

Something stopped me. It wasn’t Gabriel. It was his brother, Pierre. They looked almost the same. Well, almost. Pierre always had his hair spiked up. Unlike Gabriel, who has curl hair. It made him looked younger than Gabriel, actually.

“Hey, Pierre. Sorry, I thought you were Gabriel. Umm, do you know where he is?”

“Uhh, Elodie, didn’t you get the note?”

“What note?” I panicked.

“Well, I guess you didn’t get the note. Elodie, she’s gone.”

“Gone? Where?”

This couldn’t be happening. He’s not dead, isn’t he?

“I’m sorry, Elodie. He’s gone to France. Didn’t he tell you?” Pierre looked confused.

Apparently, I was more confused than him. Why did he go to France?

“France? Why? When? Pierre, you’re lying, right?” I was really hoping that he was joking.

“Elodie, I’m sorry but I’m not lying. His flight was this morning at eight,” his Gabriel-look-alike-eyes showed sympathy.

“Well, he’s coming back right? Why aren’t you going with him?” I was trying to think positive as I always did.

“Again, I am so sorry but he’s not coming back. I was supposed to go with him today, but I got some work to do before I go. I’m going there next week.”

“Not coming back? You’re kidding right? Stop playing around Pierre! This ain’t funny, you know,” I can feel tears on my cheek going down my face.

He’s gone. He left me, alone. No, this can’t be happening.

He knew I was in shock and that I needed a hug so he gave me one. It was warm and nice. It actually felt comfortable. He reminded me so much about Gabriel.

I closed my eyes and the flashbacks of moments with Gabriel were in my mind. It has been only 12 hours since the last time I saw him, I miss him already.

Why is he doing this to me? Why didn’t he tell me? What did I do? Is he still mad at me for accusing him?






Later that night, I tried to call Gabriel for a few times but he didn’t pick up. So I decided to send him an e-mail.



To: gabriel_ax7@yahoo.com
From: elle_57@hotmail.com
Subject: WTH are you?

Gabriel love,

Where are you? I’ve been trying to call you but you didn’t pick up the phone. Pierre said you went to France and that… you’re not coming back. He’s lying right? Why aren’t you coming back? Why are you doing this to me? Why did you leave me without saying goodbye? Are you mad at me? Look, if it’s about the other night, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for accusing you. I was wrong. I know I was wrong. I was so stupid. But please, don’t do this to me.

I miss you.
Please reply me, okay?

Love,
Elodie.


I really hoped that he’ll reply.

I was about to click the ‘send’ button but something cut me off. The door was opened. It was Isabelle.

“Hey, are you okay? Pierre told me what happened,” she said.

“No, I’m not okay. He left, Isabelle. He’s not coming back. He doesn’t love me. He was mad at me because of the other night and I didn’t get to apologize.” I can feel the tears running down my cheek. I can’t control myself.

For the first time, Isabelle didn’t know what to say. She was speechless. She hugged me and said, “Hey, its okay. Everything’s going to be alright. Don’t worry, he forgave you about the other night.” Isabelle wiped my tears on my cheek but I can’t stop crying. Tears and more tears. He’s tearing me apart.

Nice, another warm, comfort hug. I really needed that.

“No, he didn’t. If he did forgive me, he wouldn’t leave! It’s my entire fault!” I yelled.

“Yes, he did, Elodie. He told me. He said he loves you so much. He told me that he was leaving but didn’t tell—”

“The other night, after you left. He cried, Elodie. He wanted to tell you but you left. He cried because he didn’t want to leave you. Elodie, he loves you very much. A problem like the other night would never be the reason why he left. He won’t leave you just because of that, Elodie. This has to be something bigger.”


“Then, why did he leave? Didn’t he tell you? Wait, why didn’t you tell me that he’s leaving?” I wanted to know. I had to know the reason.

Was it me?

“I’m sorry, Elle. He didn’t. I asked, but he refused to answer. I didn’t tell you because he said not to. He told me that he wanted to tell you himself. I guess he didn’t, huh? Oh Elle, I’m so sorry!” she hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back.

“Hey, thanks,” I said slowly. I can barely hear the words coming from my mouth.

“For what?” she asked.

“For not leaving. For being here with me. For being my best friend and for giving me this hug. I really need that,” I forced myself to smile, trying not to look sad.

“Hey, I will always be with you no matter what. You’re my best friend, Elle. More to a sister, I guess. Do you think I’m gonna leave you? No way, okay?’ giving me a warm smile and then hugged me again for the third time. For once that moment, I felt secure.

But still, that didn’t answer my question. Why did he go?

© Copyright 2009 the felisa (flsmlzndn11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630381-Imaginations