*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630573-The-last-book-i-read
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dev
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1630573
Guys this is the revised review of my previous article.

I am a person who loves novels by writers like Fredric Forsyth, Sydney Sheldon, Dan brown, JK Rowling e.t.c. I donot like the so called hifi writers like Salman Rushdif, Kiran Desai and people who win Bookers prize. They communicate more through adjectives than giving real events. The last book i read was 2 states by Chetan Bhagat. I had read all of his previous books and found them enjoyable. But this book is one I didnot like at all. First of all this book has the same narration style as the previous books. Secondly it is like watching a T.V soap rather than reading a book. I am a person who likes movies not soaps. Soaps are too dramatic and usually strech a short story long. This is precisely what is done in this book. The description of "Southern state" was too long. I would have been happy if it could be as short and sweet as the "Northern State".Thirdly in the name of making this book interesting for "YOUTH" he uses s** a lot of times. I would like to tell author that present youth are fine without it, if the events are far more interesting. This was a major drawback i felt even in "3 mistakes of my life". I felt that it didnot fit in the story and sometimes even slowed the tempo of the story. Fourthly author has tried to concentrate too much on the racist behavoiur of the North Indians. I feel that though it might be the feeling of author my expeience in north India has been quite the opposite. Fifthly author has pointed out only the wrong points of both cultures has not given the positive points. He could have given some events which impresses hero's parents about south India and heroines heroine's parents about north India as the major reason why the marriage was not happening is because of them belonging to "two different states" and "parents". Lastly the events were quite predictable. Author had given a clue how the hero is going to impress his future relatives and also given their interests long before he actually did impress them. The heroine's way of impressing her future relatives was again predictable but as I said, that part was short and Author was to a certain extent able give the effect that he wanted. My final word for this book is that expect all the "Indian Spices" in the book and also expect a drama which is common in Balaji Telefilm's T.V. soaps.
© Copyright 2009 Dev (vasudev at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630573-The-last-book-i-read