*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630673-Darkest-Rains
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1630673
I based this off of the first book of a trilogy that I am currently writing. Enjoy!
  The darkest rain from the Darkness dawns.

Shattered dreams lie in wake;

a blood-red Sun, Vampires un-slain, Earth's mountains shake, an untold resistance to Werewolf's bane.

Fear striking as though lightning, screams of thirsted deaths ring high.

Not any mortal Armada could save, but who then?

Run from terror and death!

Flight will save none from this nameless pain.

  Who can save all life?

Those who fled tried in vain--but some do not run!

Look! The Lady of Light! O' Draconian Princess!

But her lover, he is there too; they alone save but few others stand.

"Freedom is not lost!" They ring out, "Let the gifts of truth guide and guard!

Face to face, swords in hands they meet at last...

"Kill them all..." man-made fear speaks a hiss.

Swords clash, a war is raged.

Now all the draconian princess has done, all of her previous life is gone; but she hopes and pleads to the Gods, "...One last kiss...before I leave again."

Look there! The Shadow-dwelling Knight!

  For a moment fear of death is gone from her, she loves him so dearly, but alas her time is up for now.

"I will come for you" He says, and sheds many tears.

Screams from nearby are heard, the lady of light taken hostage, sealed away, a living fossil in time.

Lost forever it seemed was the World, Horror's rule stood fast.

Long awaited was the day, the Dragon Princess of Light and Time, her freedom gained at last.

Love restored, hope regained, and the gifts of Truth at last obtained.

Fate's promise was fulfilled, Time gave life another chance, and light just one more dance for the Princess and her beloved Prince, before a world redone, a dream renewed.

Before Death had won, and the destruction of all ensued.


Now again Life is challenged, and here we await the day's of Fate's promise:

Alone from time Lady light shall rise, Love joined together shall win the fight, formed as one two souls must be, for another day our world to see. Alone Lady Light is lost, but with her knight Prince she is queen. Peace will rain from the skies, Heaven's nightmare shall be slain, and love shall rule...Once again.
© Copyright 2009 James Marie (jamesmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630673-Darkest-Rains