*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630730-3-Little-Pigs-2
by Jamie
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1630730
Second attempt to re imagine the 3 little pigs
Life had never been the same for me you know. Not after the wolf incident. Sure I outsmarted him and bought his reign of terror to an end. But have you ever thought about what happened then? We started out as three and now there was only one. Our mother was the worst, telling her that two of her kids were now dead, and there was no bodies to be buried because they were eaten. The crying was the worst and I believe I would have had to arrange three funerals if it wasn’t for the fact that I had avenged their deaths and killed the wolf. Even now all she can say was ‘I told them to do it right the first time.” Believe me, it’s no comfort to be the only one alive because I listened to her advice.



After the memorial’s it didn’t get any better. Our mother quickly deteriorated and she soon moved in to my house. I had to leave work and become her full time career. Even on the good days she would still stare at the chimney grate and slowly shake her head, repeating that they should have listened, and if they did it right the first time they would be alive today. After her funeral six months later it came as a relief, the constant crying of a night and her incessant muttering; she is now in a better place with her sons.



As for me, the darkness had only just begun. After mother died I couldn’t go back to work. I could hardly get out of bed, and I soon the lethargy began to take over my life. I became a pathetic shadow of my former self, and with my family gone, I had no one to help me. My brothers were gone because of their own stupidity and now I was all alone. It didn’t make sense and it didn’t seem fair.



But that’s when they came. I don’t know who called them, but I suspect that it was a neighbour who thought I had died. I’m sure the place certainly smelled that way.



They came and they talked to me, and I was diagnosed with depression and suggested that I see a councillor. She was great and understood where I was, and helped me want to be alive again. I began exercising and after a few months, I didn’t feel that deep abyss in my heart and I finally forgave my family for leaving me and I began to get on with my life.



Now two years later I have met someone and we are planning to get married and raise a family of our own. I will teach them the value of doing things right, but I finally feel that I have my life on track again. Thank you Blue Fairyland. You saved my life.



Advertisment: If you are feeling down and can’t see the way back, give Beyond Fairyland Medical Centre a call. We’re here to help you.

© Copyright 2009 Jamie (jamieh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1630730-3-Little-Pigs-2