*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631343-The-Walk-Of-Knights
by Sherry
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1631343
The Weary Walk of Knights and warriors.
Warriors and angels, fighting along, side by side! The weapon drawn, their knees weary, their chest full of breath that draws a sigh when a blade pierces the flesh. Nay, not from the relief of righteousness delivered, but from the sigh of one having taken the breath from another. Oh, how weary and sorrowful the burden of the warrior, of the paladin. The nights go forth, the days creep by, when o when is salvation ever nigh?



A warrior, the knight, the wielder of the sword, become one in the same hand, but becomst something else. What become ye, o warrior. what become ye, o knights of the blade? A warrior, a murderer? Nay! walk to the lake, walk to whence thy came. walk into the lake of light, or of the fire, to face thy Lord.

Walk ye on the water, sink ye, on the water, or float ye, on the water! what becomst thou, the paladin of the knight song. What become ye, o warrior of the sword!



Float ye of bewitched. and cast thy spell into thy heart. or doth thou walk the weary walk of the saint. or doth thy sink in sorrow and thy flame.



And yet, in unison with the surrouding and the nearby barn, laughter. laughter that many a warrior share not with the world. the warrior, the blood. Laughter! nay! but sorrow.
© Copyright 2009 Sherry (sherryafzal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631343-The-Walk-Of-Knights