*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631673-Forgotten-Christmas-Present
Rated: ASR · Other · Fantasy · #1631673
You'd feel the same way if YOU were left behind on christmas.
FORGOTTEN CHRISTMAS PRESENT
By Neil Green

         Hey you! Yes, you. Who else am I gonna talk to? You’re the only one around here who even remembers I exist.
         
         Well I’ll tell you what, he ain’t gonna forget me again I tell you that. Nope, He’s gonna find himself on one knee with an empty pocket and an expectant woman and boy won't he feel dumb!
         
         Serves him right too. I mean really look at me. A twentyfour karat golden band and absolutely clear diamonds. This bozo’s gonna be paying me off for years. Do you even realize how embarrassing it is for a gift like me to be wrapped up in this garish little kiddie paper? I mean really what is this the eighties? I feel like a two bit hooker. A gift like me deserves class. Class I tell ya! And not to be left alone knocked behind some clunky old couch with dust bunnies and a … what is that? Ew.

         Man this bites. Ya see I know one day I’m gonna end up in the pawn shop and with my luck there’ll be a slew of the other jewelry from the jewelry store there. Then the reminiscing will begin.

         ‘I was hung on the tree by the star. Oh it was lovely. Her eyes just lit up when she saw me.’ or ’Yes, I was given to the loveliest neck that christmas encased in a hand carved mahogany case and wrapped in silver paper. Very elegant.’

         Yeah, then they’re gonna turn to me. And what am I gonna say? I can’t lie that’s what bites about being a ring. You are what you are. So when they turn to me all I’m gonna have to say is ‘Oh yeah I didn’t get handed over till after Christmas cause my schmuck of an owner knocked me into a crack behind a dumpy old couch with nothing but filth and a rat for company.

         Sheesh. 

THE END
319 words
© Copyright 2010 WritingWolfaert (wolfaert at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631673-Forgotten-Christmas-Present