*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632180-Journey-Forward
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1632180
This is a basic layout of the path i have taken in life,
My life was filled with darkness, I was lost and full of doubt, fear, despair, and lonliness, is what my life was all about. Alcohol,drugs, and no self-worth,choices made from fear, kept me in a state of numbness, screams for help, you could not hear.I wanted to be loved so bad, let someone hold my heart, to break down all the walls i built, give me a brand new start.

For many years i struggled, shame and guilt they led the way, my life became so empty, just a blur from day to day.
I had no hope, no faith, no love, i had nothing more to give, it was then that i decided, i no longer wanted to live.
I made the choice to die that day, the shame and guilt had won, no longer would i live in fear of all the things i'd done.

Today i am so grateful, that i finally gave in, for that day that i stopped fighting, was the day that god stepped in.
He held me gently in his arms, he brought me back to life, and told me that my journey, was to find the good in life.

I give my life to god today, thru my prayers he keeps me safe, the choices that i make today, allow me dignity and grace.No longer do I live in fear, shame and guilt I have let go, peace, love and serenity, are the things that I now hold.
Each moment I hold dearly, feelings I now face, today i am so grateful for my life and god's embrace.........



© Copyright 2010 sassygirl (debzthe1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632180-Journey-Forward