*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632279-My-Friend
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1632279
A little something about a good friend of mine.

Why are we here? What is our purpose? What is our mission here on Earth? What is the meaning of life? These are among many other questions that we have heard, and most likely, asked. We all more likely than not, no matter our financial position, social status, or religious beliefs have questioned our mere existence, I have. Many, many times I have sat and pondered on why exactly we get up out of our soft warm beds. Go through our seemingly pointless routines, only to slave for 8 to 12 hours of our lives. Come back home, go to bed, and do it all over again the next day. Then, when you are finally able to leave the workforce and focus on yourself, your days are pretty well numbered.  You don't know if you have many more left. So therefore you wonder, is there more to it than all of that? Is there something I'm missing, something that someone hasn't told me? There has got to be more to this life than just routines, and work, and all of the other redundant tasks that we perform on a day to day basis.

          Very often I found myself asking these same questions. Then I met someone who knows the answers. Someone who is a lot smarter than me. So, after I was introduced to this man, I would sit and speak with him on a daily basis. He would listen to my problems and lend a shoulder for me to cry on. After a while, a lot of things began to become clear to me. In a roundabout way, my friend, this man, this super intelligent man, had answered all of my questions. He really began to make me see what we are truly here for. He made me see that, all of our routines aren't necessarily pointless. He gave me a whole new outlook on life, and what we are here for.

My friends name is Jesus Christ. He has helped me through so many hard times in my life. I am so grateful to have a friend like him. I just wish that I could be as good of a friend to him as he is to me. He's done more for me than Ive ever done for him. He died for my sins so that I wouldn't have to suffer an eternal death. He rose three days later and exited his grave, and has a place waiting on me in Heaven when I leave this world. Now that is a true friend!! Has anyone ever done anything like that for you? Of course they have. He did it for you too. Not just for a select few, but for all of us. My friend wants to meet you too, He wants to tell you all about himself and get to know you as well. Maybe even make friends with you as well. I can tell you this much, its the best friendship I've ever had. My friend has helped me break free from drugs, helped me overcome the death of my father, and got me through other struggles in life that I most definitely would not have been able to make it through without Him. Could I introduce you to my friend?
© Copyright 2010 Dorsidhion Aeralond (dorsidhion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1632279-My-Friend